Bukayo Saka (7)

I think we need to play him at LB v Villarreal if Tierney can’t play. We need an attacking left footed option and we can’t die wondering. Saka at LB and Pepe, Ode and ESR behind Auba. Xhaka and Partey back together in midfield

2 Likes

Sounds like a good idea mate but Arteta won’t do it

1 Like

His dad is a Newcastle fan. I learned that today from the commentary. :rofl:

Looked fucking knackered from the first minute. Lad burning out fast. Soon the constant injuries will come, we know the story.

3 Likes

Freddie made a great point on BT. He said - These young players should not be a first pick in the team. They should play 4 games then rest and learn by watching the next few. Thats what City done with Foden.

3 Likes

Was fucking terrible tonight.

2 Likes

Yeah as much as you wanna put these guys in the same category as Mount and Foden there a long way off yet.
@SRCJJ rightly points out how much development is needed before this lads at his true potential.

2 Likes

Just not being managed well with a guy and a club with no plan except self-preservation.

His development sidelined for Arteta’s job security.

Say what you will about Freddie, he’d have managed him better.

2 Likes

Mostly agree but I’d give him some credit for his improvement as a player tbh.
Obviously too much over reliance on him though. That’s a bad reflection on the assembled squad and some of the players as well.

1 Like

Yep, here we go with another Rosicky, Diaby, Van Persie, Wilshere etc (funny all of those players were in the same team).

Tierney looks to be going that route as well.

I think there is more correlation than causation to that.

Saka was always going to develop as he trains more, plays more games.

I don’t think Arteta’s done anything special other than play him more.

Well that in it’s self is worthy of some recognition.
Got an England cap or two from that. It’s probably now that the next step of his development is needed that the right man is key. Also the club need some serious changes or he’s not here for long.

1 Like

Prat, but he’s got a point here :grin:

One of the most important things for next season is having adequate backup for positions so that Saka can concentrate on one role on the right or left wing.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a bad thing for a young player with his ability to play a few different roles in the team at times.
Can only help his understanding and development as a player. Agree though we need reliable cover in some of the more vulnerable positions.
Need quite a few additions to progress for me. No depth at all in this squad.

5 Likes

Used and abused lol fuck off you cunt.

7 Likes

its amusing that the kid gets to play (maybe too much and needs rest) but no more than cesc and he is versatile and because he is playing a lot he is ‘used and abused’.

If he was sitting on the bench though it would be ‘this manager is clearly stupid he has a huge talent there and he is letting him ride the bench, if he is talented enough let him play why are you omitting him’

3 Likes
1 Like

That dickhead on talksport is on the wind up saying City should slap in a bid of £50m for saka to “help us rebuild” :joy::grin:

bit pointless because we would have to replace him…50m for XHAKA though yes please if they want to help us rebuild.

2 Likes