Bukayo Saka (7)

Don’t forget that he can also use his right foot as well which makes him even harder to predict.

5 Likes

For all the soured relationships Arteta with players here over his tenure. Maybe just maybe the one he has with Saka is the most important and beneficial for the club.

5 Likes

True.

I think the one with Auba is strong too, tbf. We surmised that Arteta was part of the reason Auba extended his contract.

2 Likes

What we don’t want is for Southgate to pick Saka for the Euro squad .
International football isn’t worth it .

2 Likes

On talent/form he absolutely should be selected though.

1 Like

Fabulous young raw talent
What we don’t want is the likes of Southgate and all the hangers on coaching the raw talent out of him .

And the players at the better teams turning his head.

4 Likes

Absolutely, you get pricks like Sterling , giving it Billy Big Bollocks and shouting big wages .
If I was Saka , there’s no way I’d play for England.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like Saka is the one that is turning other people’s heads in there. See Grealish. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Don’t know I think it’s hard to take him. You’ve got Sancho, Sterling, Rashford, Grealish, Foden. Who will can all play from the Right/Left. Especially as Mount is a 100% starter in the central atttacking position.

4 Likes

He’s better than Sancho tbf and more versatile. :eyes:

1 Like

Is it? If we’re talking about Saka or Sancho I think Saka is better too. Doing it in a real league as well also helps.

3 Likes

Right? Sancho’s numbers are impressive in Farmesliga but let’s not forget that Nelson got 7 goals in that league years ago.
Doubt Saka would find that league hard.
I think Sancho is a very good player but I haven’t found him that impressive for England or for Dortmund in the Champions League.

1 Like

Sancho has an abundance of end products, better close ball control, better dribbling, better decision making.

Saka is raw, Sancho is the real deal. Let’s not get carried away now

6 Likes

Sancho contributed 33 goals+assists in a Bundesliga season. That’s a little different from Nelson’s 7 goals.

I’m astounded that this is an opinion that is shared.

Honestly BvB are such a weird place to go to measure talent, Mkhy got 30 assists in that team and then came to the EPL and absolutely flopped. Ousame Dembele reached absolutely insane numbers there too and is looking a fraction of the player at Barca.

BvB are usually such a class above anything in the Bundi that it’s hard to evaluate their numbers, they usually have two hard games a season against Bayern and that’s it- I know they’re struggling this season though.

Saka is 19 and doing it in the EPL in a very low quality and confidence Arsenal side. If someone were to outright swap Saka for Sancho I’d be amazed.

Also just adding a caveat that I like all those players I mentioned and think they have excellent talent and that BVB target talent excellently. It’s just not cut or dry that Sancho is any sort of level above for me.

1 Like

And in the Champions League?

This is not true. A single glance at the table this season and last season should dispel that.

1 Like

Yeh if you glance at the end of my post I acknowledge this season is different but it’s impossible to argue they aren’t a powerhouse in a significantly uncompetitive league.

I don’t really think Saka is raw tbh, and his decision making for a teenager is a big strength of his. Continually makes the right decisions in the final 3rd.

Can’t argue with Sancho’s dribbling and end product, two years of big numbers in a top five european league

1 Like