Bukayo Saka (7)

Much obliged.

I thought the lad was probably our best player. Wasnā€™t afraid of his surroundings and went by players without much fuss. Got stuck in and tracked back. Played for the shirt. Fantastic talent.

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic considering he hardly had anyone to link up with before Ceballos came on as a 10.

He can wriggle out tight spaces and carry the ball so well. Really surprised me tonight against an experienced Ashley Young.

5 Likes

There will come a day when you all turn on this guy too, because the poor man has been forced to watch too many USB videos.

And I will laugh my ass off.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Is Saka the Ā£80m player? Because Pepe seems to be the academy player.

Saka was okay, he shoulda put away that point blank shot tho. He wasnā€™t the only one to bottle when the moment presented itself but we always have a bunch of youth players at Arsenal that look okay and never kick on. Iā€™m still waiting for him to announce himself with a big goal, a match winner or something. Until then just more unfulfilled potential.

The moment didnā€™t really present itself lol it was a shit game and we played shit and so did United. Not really sure how our youngsters bottled it lol

I thought he was the most dangerous of our attacking players yesterday. He is the one that is consistently showing promise and I think he should start every game from now. Not sure what Emery will do once Laca is back but it looks like for now he trusts him.

He made a firm contact, it took a deflection. The finish was fine, he didnā€™t really bottle anything. Unlucky. Itā€™s why thereā€™s always a lot of luck involved in finishing. Important thing is get in the position and make firm contact, he did that.

3 Likes

Saka was fantastic. Shame heā€™s gonna get emeryed tho

2 Likes

I thought he showed composure with both his shot on the break (setting up Guendouzi for a second bite at a narrow angle and ultimately just good goalkeeping) and his ball across to Pepe later who just had to score.

Nelson also just had to score with his late chance. Saka at 17 is the one showing obscene levels of composure, red hot right now altho I do expect him to tail off a bit at some point.

4 Likes

This guy looks like real super star.

Heā€™s making Pepe look like shit by comparison and if he develops as he should and avoids serious injury heā€™s going to be an absolute super star.

When Laca is back to play with Auba, Saka should be the third forward. A midfield of Guendouzi, Torreira and Ceballos (or 3 centre backs with Luiz as libero and no Torreira). Add the two full backs getting fit (although Chambers looks ok at right back to me now also) and a load of work on our pressing and thatā€™s a team that should get 3rd place and win the Europa easily.

We shouldā€™ve saved the 72m on Pepe who has failed big and early already. Saka is the future that instead.

1 Like

Massive conclusions to be drawing on two players after such little time. If Pepe turns it on and Saka has a quiet few games, in ten games time will you totally reverse this post and claim Pepe is the shit and Saka is just shit?

Well too early to be writing off Pepe, he gets at least a season before we do that. So far heā€™s not blown me away but I be shocked if he doesnā€™t come good soon enough.

Saka was excellent last night, and has been in the all the games heā€™s played this season. He looks a talent, along with Willock. We need to lower the expectations cause heā€™s bound to have a poor run of form.

Yes naturally I would. However I donā€™t think itā€™s likely. Iā€™ve watched a lot of football over 50 years and seen many players good and bad come and go at Arsenal.

I canā€™t recall seeing an 18 year old start his career this good and fall away unless through injury (although I think Saka has started even better than Wilshere).

Equally with Pepe there are far too few signs to say heā€™s got it and itā€™s just time. Heā€™s showing all the signs heā€™s gonna be Gervinho at best and one of the worst signings weā€™ve ever made and weā€™ve made a few! I could be wrong, I hope Iā€™m wrong. I just donā€™t think itā€™s likely.

Class is class and it shows sooner rather than later.

Vela and Denilson are two that spring to mind immediately for me. Itā€™s not that rare for a player to burst onto the scene in a very lively fashion before then struggling and failing to reach the heights fans have set for them. It feels a bit like you are building your expectations for Saka a bit too high at this early stage, imo.

I think youā€™re being massively too quick to draw ultimate conclusions, but at the same time I can see where you are coming from as Pepeā€™s start has been concerning. I think we can just agree to disagree on how soon we should be labelling Pepe a flop and Saka the next big thing. Time might prove you right though, Iā€™m not denying that.

If I may field this one?

Yes. 10 games would be showing admirable restraint tho, Iā€™m thinking 3-5

1 Like