Bukayo Saka (7)

Best player on the pitch today. Tierney a close second. The rest can fuck off.

1 Like

Gab was good too lol

3 Likes

Gabriel did nothing wrong, thought he was better than Tierney tbh
(not that I’m blaming Tierney, he’s still being played out of position)

MOTM for me… very good and seemed the only one who could create imbalance through individual effort - need to see more from him.

3 Likes

He has fantastic technical quality. Speed of thought to go it.

Was a really good showing, it’s a shame no other attacker backed him up.

4 Likes

Gab good defensively, but he gave the ball away when passing out from the back too many times for my liking.

He was silly on that body check on Silva, mind

1 Like

I thought the commentators went WAY over the top on that one… if you watch it again, Gabriel absolutely ran in front of him and stood his ground, which was perhaps unwise… having said that, watch how Silva sees it and tries to use his shoulder to barge into him and then made a meal of it… was the right no call although I see your point about needlessly taking a risk there.

2 Likes

As was said above, looking at it on the replay Gabriel was standing still, Silva was moving slowly and then actually sped up to barge into him.

You can say it’s a risk but under the laws of the game he did nothing wrong and to become a top defender he’s going to need to learn and use every area of the game including what’s often labelled as “experience” and knowing where the limits of the rules’ grey areas are.

Saka motm our one bright spot besides Dani and Partey.

Almost like that should be our starting midfield.

But hipsters and illuminati will get in the way.

1 Like

Yep, he absolutely has to stay in the team. The only one who took responsibility and gave City a scare. Mind you, with Arteta’s dislike of creativity, that’ll be reason enough to drop him :smile:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Bukayo and Cliff, those 2 names really go together :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saka needs a ‘partner’ on the right. He’s not yet where we need him to be, but the potential is there. We need somebody to offer balance and open up the pitch for him tbh.

1 Like

Why just fucking why post that shit. Tierney armband now.

3 Likes

Why do these football tweets always have these two crying faces?

4 Likes

Ask @Calum

1 Like

I don’t understand why he’s crying floods of tears either tbh.