Bukayo Saka (7)

I think the lad is going to be a star, but I think keeping him for the cup games and Europa League with the odd PL game thrown in might be the best for him now. He looked a bit out of his depth tonight, needs to build himself up too. He’s going to be a top talent but I think he might need more time then we probably expect.

Feels like him constantly changing positions isn’t helping either.

Think he has the potential to be a great AM. Great footballing brain and as good as anybody at the club at making defence splitting passes.

Imo LM and AM/CM is his position and he is wasted at LWB. Especially if we aren’t dominating games.

1 Like

at the very least it was a good learning experience for the youngster. Must have done a lot of good to his confidence to work in a space which was not crowded so he can do some of his things at that age.

1 Like

Ræspekt Hæle Ænd

1 Like

He’s going to be insane when his man bod is fully formed

2 Likes

I think playing LWB will definitely toughen him up with the amount of offensive and defensive work required by that position. I think he has the mentality to be great. Never seen him sulk, never heard complaints about his attitude, always contributes in some way.

Hopefully he continues on this upward trajectory.

4 Likes

He’s the real comparison to Sancho, not Nelson.

Nelson is a fraud.

5 Likes

Walcott vibes.

1 Like

Should be played anywhere on the left side, nothing else.

1 Like

Attacking midfielder?

I’d like to see him have a free role in midfield and final third

Hell to naw. Only other place is possibly RW if he learns to cut in properly.

I honestly don’t think he’s wasted at LWB as he still makes loads of fantastic runs and assists from that position.

Boy can play anywhere along the left side.

4 Likes

You and your flip flops stink (I don’t mean the opinion flip flop. I genuinely mean the sandal flip flops)

He’s not thrown in there just for cover either - he makes some great tackles, not the kind of rash, typical forward’s tackles either, smart dispossessions. He’s great to have in that respect. He can pretty much already play both roles to a respective level where I wouldn’t be entirely concerned about him. He’s a brilliant player.

1 Like

I think he’d made a great DLP in the modern game. He is good with the ball at his feet and has bags of pace. He can clean up opposition attacks and then carry the ball forward with his dribbling ability, allowing us to hit quickly on counter-attacks.

His best quality is final third composure and decision making. We should be getting him closer to the opponent’s goal, not further.

I think he is a winger or attacking midfielder.

Congrats Saka :clap: :clap: :smiley:

2 Likes

Congrats and good luck, Saka!

No surprise, Saka looking like a generational talent. England should be looking to lock him down.