Bukayo Saka (7)

Wilshere was brilliant when he burst onto the scene.

Didn’t he win goal of the season 2 years in a row, too?

1 Like

You thinking of this one?

You’re not thinking of the Rosicky goal as well which was similar to that? :grin:

I’m certain he scored a goal v West Brom in the very last game of the season the following season that he won goal of the season for, too

1 Like

This one?

Yep.

I’m sure that was goal of the season

Which is surprising when you think of some of the goals Alexis hit that season… especially his cup final goal :grin:

1 Like

Yeah, I think it was the goal of the PL season (all games, not just Arsenal)

For him to win that 2 seasons in a row is unprecedented

1 Like

John Aldridge in the late 80s.

Just trivia. . .

1 Like

The winner imo

Trent will win it. Though he shouldn’t be on it, especially as he is also on the player of the year shortlist.

3 Likes

Leaving aside the issue of him also being on the shortlist for best player (which isn’t an issue for me, but it’s reasonable that it is for others), at least he is 21 and was 20 at the start of the season unlike Grealish or Martial (though that appears to be a different young player award)

1 Like

That’s a sound list. Who exactly didn’t make it? I can only think of Foden right now.

Good to see Saka nominated. I know he won’t win and there are clearly better players in that list. I think it’ll be TAA and probably should be. He was consistent throughout. Greenwood came on late in the season. Mount and Abraham dropped off in the second half of the season. Rashford was in and out with injuries, but I really like him and if looking at on and off the pitch, he would be my pick. Saka was also in and out of the team, especially late in the season.

I do have an issue with players being nominated for both, but it’s hard to define this one any better. It’s night so defined like many American sports that use the draft system to have a Rookie of the Year award where you are only eligible in your first full season.

Greenwood for me. Insanely talented for his age and has come up with the goods too. Saka close second.

Trent should walk that award. Perhaps Rashford will win because of his school meals campaign

Starting to feel his stamina is a bit suspect lately.

Thought this was an aftereffect of him playing so many matches but now that he barely plays he usually gets gassed 60 mins in and there are moments where you’re wondering where the fuck he is(not tracking back or not making the forward run), like the goal today.

1 Like

Sign of a talented player that had a frustrating game but still created two vital goals. Hope to see development from the mistakes.

5 Likes

Strange one indeed. I thought he really struggled tonight but was equally vital in the build up to the two goals.

Maybe a sign of trying to get into the groove again, much like Pepe I feel. No rhythm.

1 Like