Bukayo Saka (7)

Saw that somewhere too.
It does make sense as you said.

Big move tbh. Basically first team cemented now.

He may have asked for it when signing or something.

#10 canā€™t get anywhere near the match day squad and #20 and #34 wonā€™t fuck off, so Iā€™m inclined to not care about this sort of thing any more.

6 Likes

I wonder if it was in negotiations with his new deal that he requested that number

No Saka?

Nothing like having a list with two 24 year olds on it

Should be an u21 award not an award for players who were 23 at the beginning of the season. Plus, Pulisic should not be on that list. Heā€™s only started 19 games for CHelsea because it took him a while to settle in. Donā€™t be fooled by his performances, he grew into the season but he was largely considered to be inconsistent in his earlier start at Chelsea.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get this award at all why are 23/24 year olds wining this

1 Like

Thatā€™s ok. We know heā€™s in the top end of that list. Let young Saka fly under the radar I say.

Side note: Anthony Martial!? lol

Iā€™m sure in the old days it was under 21s. Having 24 year olds is ridiculous

2 Likes
8 Likes

Ridiculous that Saka is not included. Also Ings over Auba in the POY shortlist. What would they have done if Auba scored just 1 more goal to be joint golden boot?

The snub is real. And league position canā€™t be all, as Southampton finished below us.

3 Likes

Bullshit awards.

They are scared weā€™d highjack the vote lol

Whatā€™s even worse Martial and Grealish are about to turn 25 this year (Grealish in just a month, Martial by the end of the year)ā€¦ ffsā€¦ they could push the limit to 27ā€¦
Just so stupid to have players who have 5 and more seasons of top football, who are already quite experienced, competing for such an award. You obviously want fresh faces there (yeah you could say Rashford is experienced too, but he can pass I guess), guys like Saka, Mountā€¦ The limit should absolutely be 21, not a month over (when starting the season), 23 is absolutely ridiculous.

Martial will be the new Lingard. Still considered a young prospect at the age of 28 ffs.

Almost 25 and up for this award, what a joke.

Remember signing him on FIFA15 when he actually was a young player.

1 Like

Nah Martial is actually good though, so theyā€™ll always have that as a difference.

2 Likes

yeah bit strange having 24 year olds in the list, doesnā€™t make sense what so ever and Saka has been robbed

Itā€™s not just an age thing for me. I donā€™t think really established players should be included either. They should make it so that itā€™s only under 21s and more of an emerging talent award. Maybe put a limit on how many first team games (in any top flight) a player has started in his career. So for example, my criteria would rule out Pulisic as he was a first team regular in the Bundesliga. It should be guys like Saka and Greenwood, not TAA, Grealish and Martial.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™d be more interesting in some kind of breakthrough award and keeping the age as it is. If youā€™re 23 and never played top flight football before Iā€™m happy for you to get a breakthrough award.

If weā€™d managed to sign Mbappe youā€™d imagine he would have been YPOTY for every year he was allowed to be considered for it.

1 Like

In the AFL we have an award called rookie of the year, you need to be 21 and under and have under 10 games to your name going into the season to be eligible.

3 Likes