Bukayo Saka (7)

Its a shame he didnt pull a Kane and have his moron brother represent him, but I can’t fault him for that.

1 Like

If Saka really loved the club like he says he does he would have signed a 7 year deal with no release clause. Explains why this got dragged out. He’ll probs leave in two. Good work by the agent.

1 Like

He can love the club and also want to give himself the best possible leverage in future negotiations, I don’t really see why it’s mutually exclusive.

11 Likes

Tbf, we knew Saka’s agent was a tough negotiator. Same agency as Balogun and Nketiah. If it wasn’t for Saka ultimately wanting to stay this would’ve dragged even longer, possibly going into the last few months of his deal before coming to a conclusion.

Elec has an Edu agenda remember :joy:

1 Like

Elec has been a moaning crybaby for 3 years now.

I just think all PR is utter BS. If we don’t challenge for the title he’ll leave. Rather him just save his breath. That short contract speaks volumes.

I mean if you get £150m for the player, or, any player, it’s not the end of the world I would think :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think I’d have taken my chances with a £150m release clause in exchange for a couple more years on his contract.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/squawka/status/1662834933021171713?s=46&t=2U6XWqnXYlWg-4shy9vWIA

2 Likes

I really think this was one of the best goals he scored for the Arsenal, love the technique.

And besides the goal I think he looked great today. Haven’t seen him looking this good and quick on the ball in a while.

7 Likes

No pressure

1 Like

One of the best team goals we’ve scored all season in my opinion. Obviously it’s not going to be talked about because of where we are in the season but it was too elegant. Proper Arsenal goal

2 Likes

The best performance from Saka in about 9 weeks. Great goal as well; perhaps a shout for Top 10 Arsenal GOTS?

It was a beauty. What a player.
Let’s hope that niggly injury keeps him out of the England squad.

https://twitter.com/rafsenal/status/1663177887820787713?s=20

:oof:

5 Likes

Still looks fake.

Arteta’s reaction to Saka’s goal:

1 Like

I’m still kinda bemused with this performance honestly.

I’ve NEVER seen him looking this good.

:henry:

That was almost some young Henry-esque confidence and swagger when he was taking people on and was running at them… :henry:

Maybe some weight fell off his shoulders after contract has been finally done, idk.

1 Like

The crazy thing is if he carries on balling it next season we already have to think about contract negotiations again come the following summer. :joy:

2 Likes