Bukayo Saka (7)

Channel 4 are clearly inexperienced when it comes to posting football clips, because “smart finish” rejects hyperbole to the extent of vastly understating the quality of that goal lol

2 Likes

Any PL striker who gets 30+ goals in a season should be favourite for the POTY award. It’s so rare that it deserves recognition.

Even if 80% of Haaland’s goals are tap ins, rebounds or extremely close range finishes, you can’t deny the output. He’s a monstrous natural finisher and athlete.

He’s going to get close to 40 league goals and will almost certainly beat the record currently held by Cole / Shearer.

Saka could realistically end up with over 30 goal contributions, but Haaland will exceed 40 and that’s just fucking ridiculous.

3 Likes

I think it should come down to who wins the title in a fight like this as the metric is decided on what was the more decisive factor then.

1 Like

Ok, think of it this way. If we swapped Haaland for Saka/Odegaard do people think the PL table would look the same? :eyes:

If they were both for sale more clubs would want Saka than Haaland because there’s more to his game.

Goalscoring strikers are rarest of rare commodities while you can find wingers who are capable of replicating Saka’s output.

I really don’t think Haaland will get overlooked for Saka.

1 Like

I can see Saka winning the players award tbh.

1 Like

7 Likes

Zero qualms about that.

6 Likes

Fully deserved.

If you’re going to be a big club, you’ve got to pay big club wages to your very best players. The real problem is if you start doing that with your mediocre players or you give huge money to your best players and they stop giving a shit. I’m not even a tiny bit worried about any of that with Saka.

3 Likes

The issue with Saka now is that while 300k pw on a young lad is probably too much and perhaps dangerous, especially when you consider the jump from his previous wages(reportedly 50-80k pw), the truth is he by far the greatest asset in the market when it comes to right wingers.

At least with left wingers there’s genuine competition with Martinelli, Vinicius, Rashford, Leao, etc.

With Saka you have to compare him with the likes of Salah and Mahrez because players around his age are simply not on his pevel.

I hope at least the club is locking him down for most of what’s left of the decade.

Kardashians are gonna come sniffing around once they get wind of a sportsman with a hefty pay grade.

17 Likes

I think you’d be very pleased if he was grabbing the sixth goal in a 6-0 win.

4 Likes

I’d allow it.

Two English clubs.

3 Likes

City and Liverpool were the ones mentioned before, I assume they’re the ones.

I wonder who the club abroad was?

Must be one of Madrid, Bayern, PSG or Barca(somehow).

Be perfect at RW for Madrid with Vinny on the left.

1 Like
3 Likes