Bukayo Saka (7)

When you consider the talents that have had to waste their footballing existence playing for the Netherlands, you just have to accept this is how the lottery works in international football.

1 Like

Arjen Saka, my boy making love to that far post again

1 Like

You low down scumbag!

4 Likes

Yeahā€¦ Not much competition there atm, with Salah slowly declining, but you could say Saka is the best/most productive RW in the world this season, and quite comfortably.

2 Likes

I expect Arsenal to do everything they can to lock this gem of a footballer down to a juicy long term contract. No more of that Wenger bullshit.

Still below Haaland and Odegaard in betting for player of the year. Which surprises me. Maybe itā€™s Arsenal bias, but feel like Saka has shown more. Obviously Haaland is impressive and a goal machine, but I donā€™t feel like he is as exciting to watch.

1 Like

Just seen it for the first time. Some goal :clap:

3 Likes

For those outside UK:

10 Likes

You are a god to us geoblocked foreign folk :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Sakaā€™s cementing his status as star of the NT with each game now, letā€™s hope the refs are more inclined to pay more attention when heā€™s getting fouled out there.

3 Likes

I like this angle

2 Likes

Canā€™t argue with Haaland getting it, heā€™ll net 50 goals in all competitions which Iā€™ve never seen from an EPL player in my 25 years following this league.

Other competitions shouldnā€™t factor into Premier League player of the season though.

He joined an already top team. Saka and Arsenalā€™s ascent has been more impressive.

1 Like

Ok heā€™ll net more goals than anyone Iā€™ve seen in a 38 game EPL seasonā€¦ that better ?

Hmmm, why should his achievements outside of the Prem matter in regards to this award?

Forget that then.

Heā€™ll hit 35 + maybe 40 in the league. Who is the last person to do that in a 38 game season ?

Well you donā€™t know that heā€™ll get that many. Like I said, itā€™s probably Arsenal bias from me, but I havenā€™t found Haaland as impressive as Saka. He scored all those goals, but I barely remember any of them. Saka seems to have more to his all round game. Double figures for both goals and assists for a non striker is top level.

Any other year and Saka gets it hands down. But you canā€™t ignore a striker bagging a Prem record in his debut season.

Saka has a shot at PFA as his peers love him.

6 Likes

I love Saka and if he goes on to have 30 or so goal contributions in a title winning side thatā€™s also worthy, especially coupled with his all round game.

I just donā€™t think we can complain if Haaland wins it breaking all sorts of scoring records for this league.

2 Likes