Bukayo Saka (7)

Our boy got robbed because this 25 year old “starboy” scored a couple goals against some plodders. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

We are no plodders

1 Like

We were in that first half. :rofl:

I’m genuinely worried about him tiring for the second half of the season.

Trossard signing and also Jesus coming back should help. Both can operate on the right if needed.

Smith Rowe not being a perma-crock will also allow for more rotation too.

It is a concern though because he doesn’t get rested ever

1 Like

About that. Its not looking good bruv

2 Likes

Damn, ESR…entering Wilshere/Diaby territory.

City out the race for Bukayo?
I guess no other solution but to sign a new deal now…

2 Likes

He really tried to drag us to a win today. He kept poking and poking and got that beautiful cross to Trossard for the goal.

Need a big performance from him against City.

2 Likes

In all the negativity, His contribution to the goal is not getting as praised as it deserves.
Not the quickest & trickiest winger but always tries to find a way and often does.

If refs didn’t fuck up, that would have been a matchwinning contribution.

2 Likes

His strength physically is what gets overlooked to often.

8 Likes

its because he has a big strong arse. Elite center of gravity.

3 Likes

I think refs ought to appreciate this now too. If saka goes down, it’s cos he’s been hacked down cynically.

3 Likes

As long as he believes, I believe. :dizzy:

Problem is, I don’t think he actually does believe anymore

2 Likes

Saka is brilliant. He won an FA Cup here right but think I’m correct in saying that he was on the periphery then and Pepe, Laca and Auba were our main starters? Typing that though feels wrong as it felt as if Arteta wasn’t a Pepe fan from the jump.

He’s been a player who has been directly involved in European final heartbreak, a top 4 collapse and World Cup heartbreak and now a title race that is going tits up. I’m not convinced he believes as much as his statement makes out.

1 Like

And he raised his game after every single one of them. That’s what he does.

Missing my point massively.

What’s your point? What tells you he’s not believing?

Thought it was fairly clear. At no stage was Saka’ individual performance questioned. He’s been close to team success numerous times but his teams have missed out pretty much every time. At a point, it must start to feel like Deja Vu - bridesmaid but never the bride. Those doubts will almost certainly be creeping in for a young player who has had so many near misses.

I forgot about the Europa tragedy against Villareal as well.

Compare that to the similar aged Phil Foden. He probably does believe that City take it home from here.