Bukayo Saka (7)

Joint 5th actually.

Rip Sancho.

3 Likes

Did they recently increase his 70 mill valuation?

Ah yep I see

Kayo 90 mill
Yay-zoos 75 mill
Nelli 60 mill
Odegaard 60 mill
Saliba 50 mill

In terms of overall roster value we are now ahead of Tottenham and about equal with United. We used to be hundreds of millions behind both.

Chelsea remain ahead of us but largely because when a player gets bought for a dumb amount they automatically adjust their estimate higher to reflect that fee. So Cucurella and Fofana are both more valuable than Saliba, Havertz more valuable than Martinelli, etc.

1 Like

We’ve closed the gap on Liverpool’s squad to around 100 mill also when it was around 400 mill difference in terms of value 18 months ago.

Our squad building last couple of years has been rather good.

Fucking helps when you get Bukayo from the academy and Martinelli for 6 mill though and both are 21 with a combined value of 150 million quid.

Jesus and Odegaard elite signings for price paid.

4 Likes

This is why a strong season could be a game changer. Liverpool, City and previously Chelsea used to shift so many of their squad players for inflated fees.

If we somehow win the league, I expect Edu to start cashing in on many of our player.

Chelsea’s squad value is distorted. And hard disagree on Mason Mount being worth 75m lol.

We’re only marginally behind United who have 7 more squad players than us, and again have some whacky price tags because of how much they spend on players.

It’s far from a perfect metric, but it does tell you that our players have developed considerably and are putting in high-value performances.

We were behind Spurs last time I checked and now we’re over 70m ahead of them. Trust that process.

3 Likes

Spurs have finished about above us 6 seasons running, but with the trajectory of the spurs squad and our squad that diabolical run should be coming to an end this season, once it does they shouldn’t be finishing above us for a while.

Cunts.

I never want to experience 6 consecutive seasons below spurs in my lifetime again.

3 Likes

All of that to win fucking nothing. It makes for great comedy. I’ll take it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve had a Spurs fan once seriously bring this into a discussion. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Sick lot.
The trophy drought done too much of a damage to them. It’s sad really.

Dele Alli was once rated as a 100m player on Transfermarkt. The kind of silly shit that meant they were miles above us in the team value stakes.

I wouldn’t even describe his decline as a fall from grace. I never knew what exactly he did on a football pitch other than run into the box and have a few goalscoring purple patches. Was never sustainable.

Shocking that he got 37 caps for England.

2 Likes

Nope

4 Likes

Squad value really has no real meaning for me. If a club buys a load of shit players for high distorted fees it means their squad is more valuable than others? Does that then put them top of this highest valuable squad list?

1 Like

It’ll change in time if they’re performing shit though, Pepe ain’t valued anymore near the 70 mill we paid for him.

16 Likes

That’s probably the most baffling statistic of the season tbh.

2 Likes

Arsenal get refereed diffently. :santi:

3 Likes

Is the Arsenal tax so high, that it overshadows his status as one of England’s star players? He was voted player of the year, he should have better protection, treatment, benefit of the doubt… But no. Mad.

4 Likes

I loved that he just went and kicked the Chelsea cunt after not getting the decision. I don’t remember too many fouls on him after that.

4 Likes

Kid was asked to pick his 5-a-side team and he went with;

Messi
R9
Ronaldinho
Iniesta
CR7

Kids got good taste.