Bukayo Saka (7)

I doubt we are talking about the same situation.

At least he has gotten off the mark earlier then last season :laughing:

Gotta give him a chance now, maybe it was the boost he needed. I hope it does help him kick on cos he’s really been shit this season.

1 Like

Was perhaps our best player on the pitch

1 Like

Thats why I reckon it might be good to give him a run vs Zurich. See if he can build on today’s goal and sub him after 50-60 if things are going well enough.

how can that be when people were asking for him to be subbed

I liked his performance too. Martinelli was better in the first half, Saka was better in the second.

i really think he needs a rest…being run into the ground

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about

Can’t agree with this, thought he was poor in the first half barring 1 or 2 moments. Lost the ball multiple times and if it was Pepe putting in the same performance everyone would be shitting all over him for it

Better in the 2nd half, got a goal but wasn’t the main contributor for it. Yes it went through defender’s legs, but honestly I think that was more luck than judgement

3 Likes

I don’t think so…With Pepe, it was like he didn’t know what he wanted to do then obfuscated himself and then lost the ball. Saka, you could see what he was attempting to do, sometime too lazily and too predictably and losing the ball (so same result) but in no way similar to Pepe

On the subject of fitness, the Spaniard was also asked how he was going to juggle Bukayo Saka’s playing time with the World Cup just a couple of months away where he is expected to play a key role for England.

“We will try - if the squad and performances allow us, we’ll try our best to manage his load and get him on the field in the best possible condition. After November we have something that we have never experienced before.”

We’re so thin in that area, I just don’t see us managing his load well at all. We need Marquinhos to hit the ground running.

1 Like

Mikel should seek advice from my ex, she used to manage my load well.

4 Likes

Something tells me that they didnt show the juicy stuff in All or nothing.

Wouldn’t tell that to the current Mrs :rofl:

5 Likes

imagine what he could be like by his mid twenties :eyes:

1 Like

Shades of Tom Carroll with his assist for Vieira today

:wink:

1 Like

His best performance of the season in my eyes. Actually looked like he had a bit more variety to his all round game

3 Likes

I’ll take 1 goal 4 assists after 7 games in a slow start to the season.

7 Likes