Bukayo Saka (7)

Con?

Put a figure on it?

Iā€™m not worried at all about Saka leaving in the short-medium.

1 Like

We should give him the bag as well as Vinaiā€™s job.
Director of football Saka. Seems to be way the sport is going

4 Likes

By con I mean get a deal that wildly exceeds his current status and ability

Ozil/Aba money, like circa Ā£350k+. Club have recently shown theyā€™ll cave to avoid the bad PR of star players leaving

Canā€™t see it. You pay a 20 year old that sort of money and there is nowhere to go. Think it will be closer to 150k myself which is still substantial

4 Likes

What is he currently on though? itā€™s reported Ā£30K?

I think if money wasnā€™t part of the issue he would have signed by now

I think if Saka landed on Partey level Ā£200k deal no gooners would complain

I think he could ask for more. If he wins POTY and then asks for something like Laca/Jesus kind of money I donā€™t think you can turn around and say we canā€™t do that because youā€™re only 21.

4 Likes

I would prefer if it was a structural increase. Say his new wages start at 100-150k pw and could rise to 200k pw given some conditions.

I donā€™t really care about the money, I just donā€™t want him to lose his motivation. He doesnā€™t strike me as that kind of kid so hopefully heā€™ll be fine.

2 Likes

I just donā€™t think it was discussed properly yet. Nothing out there suggesting there are disagreements on it.

I really donā€™t think he wants to leave in the next few years. He is still 20, a lifelong Gooner, from an Arsenal family, and Iā€™m pretty sure he still lives at home. He is right where he wants to be right now and has plenty of time to make a move if Arsenal donā€™t end up matching his ambitions. I can definitely see that happening eventually but more likely around age 25.

But his agent is a notoriously tough negotiator and he has a lot of leverage. So I expect his agent to negotiate hard and to use that leverage to get a very favorable next contract and for those negotiations to take a while.

1 Like

Lifelong gooner for a soft spot for Newcastle. :grimacing:

Yeah, his dad is a big Newcastle fan, isnā€™t he? So not quite an Arsenal family.

1 Like

I think Saka said his family were gooners but that his father was a big Alan Shearer fan or something. :man_shrugging:
But yeah, if he joins Newcastle youā€™ll bet heā€™ll say he comes from Newcastle fan family.

Arteta mustā€™ve called Pep in the morning after that report from Adrian Kajumba:

Yeah at City heā€™d be part of the wing rotation, heā€™d probably start around 15-20 games Iā€™d say.

Better off leaving Arsenal in 2-3 years when he has refined his game even more.

most likely he is replacing Zinchenko

Sad but true and a main reason why Arsenal fans need to stop with the accounting nonsense. Itā€™s a remnant of the Wenger years.

4 Likes

No surprises

He got 58% of the vote

2 Likes