Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Arsenal (PL)

No one is fighting over strawberry creams surely?!

4-1 Arsenal.

The name comes from a time when the rich used to box up gifts to give to the poor. Boxing Day was traditionally a day off for servants, and the day when they received a special Christmas box from their masters. The servants would also go home on Boxing Day to give Christmas boxes to their families

9 Likes

A tradition still maintained to this day in the Rees-Mogg estate!

On the subject of boxing day didn’t it uses to be traditional to have local derbies played on this day?

1 Like

Ive thought a good way of revamping the FA cup would be too play the 3rd round on Boxing day. Everyone seems to like playing on this day and we could just get great crowds for it.

It’s the toffee pennies that get left in my family

1 Like

Wonder if Unai goes with a back 3 or a back 4 for this one.

TIL

Strawberry creams are the only nice ones in the box :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I think they will score so I’ll go for a score draw, 1-1, Aubameyang to score as usual.

1 Like

Can a mod ban himself?

7 Likes

You’re probably the kind of person who opens celebrations and doesn’t go for the mateaser first :confounded:

2 Likes

Nah, that we definitely can agree on (I think?) because the malteaser is the best chocolate in celebrations.

Any of that chocolate cream stuff is horrendous though haha.

Will we be up for this today? 3 points are absolutely vital. We should hve too much quality for Brighton really.

I want to enjoy a strong away performance. Like at Fulham. Doesn’t have to be 5 goals, but a convincing performance. Two more goals for Auba.

1 Like

Arsenal can set a top flight record here by scoring 2+ goals in a league away game for the 9th match in a row.

Really weird stat and just how the hell aren’t we at least 5 or 6 points closer to Liverpool :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I thought it came from the day after christmas was the day that things got boxed up and put away like most of the decorations etc…learn something new every day.

Blame City and Chelsea as our first two league games for that

It’s funny how many just had their own interpretations and never bothered to check why ‘Boxing day’ is called as such. For a long time I took it for granted that some boxing match happens after Christmas and me being disinterested in boxing, never gave a fuck.

It’s actually because traditionally people don’t wear pants the day after Christmas and just walk around in their boxers instead.

3 Likes

Do you lot in Ireland not call then trousers?!