Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Arsenal (PL)

With regards to Lacazette the only reason I suggest moving him on is because like most of us expected he’s not really a 20+ league goals a season striker and he’s probably one of the only players we could command a £40m+ fee for. So I’d rather we brought in a quality wide man to interchange with our quality striker.

And I’m definitely coming to terms with him as he’s done better than I anticipated. But I don’t think I’ll ever accept that him and guys like Leno were really what we needed in the summer. If we knew we had a rebuilding project on our hands then we went about it the wrong way from the get go and that’s what troubles me. Plus Emery seems to like to press and push high and Sokratis is clumsy himself. Thankfully he has more pace than I anticipated and can make up for it but he’s clumsy by the same token. He’s definitely not our biggest problem though and far from it.

2 Likes

Our American owners do everything like they’re wading in mud.

Every decision they make is several seasons too late.

They hung on to Wenger too long, who was himself far too slow with his decision making.

So between them, the owners and Wenger have managed to see us drop out of the CL while seeing all our rivals, including spurs, overtake us and neglect strengthening the first team.

Yeah what bothers me so much is we were a certified top 4 team with good players in the squad and we’ve just continually slid season on season whilst signing players looking like we have no plan. Our squad management has been so bad.

2 Likes

Yeah at my most pessimistic theres a fall away here as the Everton side in the 80s had. Never really got to grips with losing top players and faded quickly.
Not saying where ending up in relegation battles but we could get sucked into the best of the rest group if we dither round with a cheap transfer policy.

2 Likes