Brexit

You know this because?

Because unlike Michael Gove, I listen to experts.

I think Gove, Rees Mogg and Johnson only listen to their financial advisors.

Actually that happens all the time when people have contracts that they can’t just walk away from.

No it does not; once you’ve handed you notice that you are leaving, you set a date for your departure and don’t leave it to your employer to decide.

Well it’s the thing one expert says A and one says B; you decide because it seems reasonable and someone else decides on B for the same reason. We are none the wiser.

I’ve yet to hear one expert say that leaving without a deal would be in our interests.

If you have a six month notice and try to leave after three then yes, your employer absolutely can decide.

It’s still a notice period that is not indeterminate. Why is that hard to get?

Well you said something doesn’t happen but now concede that it does in fact happen so how am I the one not getting it?

The analogy doesn’t work.

I said you don’t hand in your notice and let your employer decide when you leave? You just proved my point; whether it is a week to 6 months notice, it is not your employer can say no you can’t leave after the period is done.

If you want economics as is, which most do, then no deal is stupid.

It all basically boils down to not wanting Muslims in Surrey.

Not sure I could distil it in a simpler form.

I don’t think it’s down to racism, although I’m sure it played its part. I think it’s more down to the British press lying and scaremongering about the EU for decades.

Which is why the lie “take back control” was believed.

1 Like

There is some truth to that statement though. We are restricted in terms of what we can do being in the EU, although by signing up to be in it is with our consent. The EU has blackballed budgets from both Italy and Greece which is patently undemocratic. The big lie for me isn’t ‘taking back control’ it’s in the belief that we would actually use that ‘control’ in a manner better than the EU.

A better analogy would be: You hand in your notice and you try to get a new job but you can’t. You know you’re going to be homeless and hungry when your contract runs out so beg for your boss to keep you on another 6 months.

1 Like

We’re restricted insofar as we have to abide by the rules of the club we’re a member of. Rules which we generally benefit from.

I see us losing control, not gaining it.

We do generally benefit, that’s true. But I think we could do a lot better. For that we’d need to leave but there is risk; big risk.

I don’t see how it can ever be better than what we currently enjoy.

Only remainers are really begging and Teresa May

1 Like

Why can’t it be better? What we have now isn’t that fantastic; for one it is very restrictive.

1 Like