Brexit

Braveheart!

Disagree. They are a judge on their own position, and the EU 27 have proven to be better organised and united than us. I fail to see any evidence that the EU27 will extend A50 for Corbyn to come in and demand a customs union with a UK veto/input. He wouldn’t get that and they simply won’t waste their time trying to negotiate with another leader who doesn’t know what they want.

Parliament will be back in a few months time with the option of this or no deal. Better for everyone to realise this now and be honest with the British people, and then take responsibility for the decision they make.

I don’t know where you’re getting an 8% figure from, that seemed suspiciously low to me.

A quick google search reveals polls from November 2018 onwards showing approx 60% backing a 2nd referendum

The onus is on Corbyn but he’s unwilling to put wider interests before his own. Corbyn’s letting down his members’ and voters’ preference sadly

HERE WE HERE WE HERE WE FUCKING GO

1 Like

I get it from YouGov - https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/01/14/mps-prepare-brexit-vote-where-do-britons-stand?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=website_article&utm_campaign=state_of_brexit

When searching google the polling you seem to be citing is on whether the public want a final say on a deal, not on a referendum which includes Remain.

Consider a second ref - either…
Brexit wins again which I suspect it would, in which case nothing changes, or
Remain wins by a tiny whisker, in which case Remain would happen and half the electorate will despise Labour for being undemocratic, and the country continues to be utterly divided.

Of course JC puts getting into power first, that’s the only sensible thing for him to do. I still maintain, on anecdotal evidence admittedly, that Labour voters will vote, in the main, for Labour based on their manifesto not on JC’s EU stance.

JC should, in my view, stay firm, stay aloof, and wait for the constitutional crisis to trigger an election. Patience!

So the motion won’t get passed will it?

I’m up for another election but now’s a bad time for me voting.

Right Nicola, time to sack those civil servants and get the plans in motion for Indyref2. It’s the time.
I’m getting impatient here ffs

Time to stop pandering to rUK remainers as the only sensible option. England wants to set itself on fire, let it.

2 Likes

Her best hope is to quickly put forward a Norway plus deal. That would probably get through the house, just.

1 Like

But it’s not agreed so how could it be proposed to parliament?

If she did that, she wouldn’t be the moron that she is, and we’d have left pretty smoothly by now in a soft brexit.

So I doubt that anything like that will happen. It will be more delays and postponements until last minute she forces the MPs to accept her POS deal imo.

She can’t do that.

a) The EU have to offer it, and I don’t see them doing that. Not now.

b) The Norway model has freedom of movement, which is one of Mays “Red Lines”.

1 Like

A Norway style deal would be possible in the future, May’s deal was just the Withdrawal Agreement. I guess most MPs hate the backstop (which NIreland want) and the fact that during that period we would have no say. It would however be temporary and there is no alternative now anyway

3 Likes
4 Likes

This whole referendum has been a complete farce and has highlighted how inept our Government are and how disillusioned the general public are. Very embarressing for the UK. There is no win situation here. Every conclusion is going to come with dire consequences. What a fucking shambles.

2 Likes

:rofl:

elect that guy
buy a can of blue face paint
???
profit!

edit: wait I just remembered the plot line. that was about scottish independence perhaps, nvm :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The referendum was beyond the comprehension of most peoples understanding and was a very dumb thing to do.
We are now in a lose,lose situation and very little control of our nations circumstances. Absolute farce.

2 Likes

At least you have Arsenal to distract you from all this doom and gloom. :gabriel:

Yeah and where still in Europe for now and want to remain.:grinning:

Alright fucking William Wallace calm yer tits​:joy::joy:

3 Likes

12 Likes