Boxing

Ahhh I see. :blush: Now that I think about it, 365mill for GGG sounds astronomical

Edit: How do you guys see Demetrius Andrade going up against Canelo?

@Jules @SRCJJ

I think Canelo wins that one too. I’m not sure I’ve been too impressed with Andrade tbh.

What do you think pal?

I’d agree that Lara definitely beat Canelo, and GGG beat him the second time.

The robberies in favour of him have killed any hype I had for him tbh, fuck that guy, and fuck Oscar

1 Like

Yeah mate, I lean with that too.

Admittedly I haven’t really seen a lot of Andrade, the last time I recalled watching him was when he blew Brian Rose out who’s proven since to be very European level.

Athletically he looks impressive at 6 feet 1 inches and with a bang to his record. But stylistically, Canelo is one of the best I’ve seen in a ring with that upper head movement in the bob and weave. And the way he slides inside to slip punches and counter with the half-uppercut is really quite amazing. It’s becoming an effective trademark of his now days.

One thing that amazed me about last night is how easily he bossed the middle of the ring against the big Jacobs. He claimed that spot from beginning to end which sounds cliche, but showed how much he owned that ring. Something he never really did with GGG.

Weekend gonna be crazy don’t you think fight fans? Get that extra EXTRA food & drink in for the fights.

Billy Joe Saunders vs Shefat Isufi & Joe Joyce vs Alexander Ustinov on bt

Heavyweight Boxing - Deontay Wilder vs Dominic Breazeale - May 18th (USA) on Sky
Anyone see that Wilder comment about catching a body on his record (Savage) Gonna tune in
to the press conference later on at 6.

Ivan Baranchyk vs Josh Taylor & Emmanuel Rodriguez vs Naoya Inoue - May 18th (UK) on Sky

Tyson Fury vs Tom Schwarz - MGM Grand Las Vegas June 15th on bt - Dillian Whyte next?

Heavyweight division has turned out to be a total shambles.

Nobody wanted to see anything other than Wilder/Fury/Joshua

Ortiz is the only acceptable alternate opponent that could have been brought in and the idiots team turned down $7m offer from Hearn.

3 Likes

Also, tf is up with Fury’s suit? At a glance it looks like someone has jizzed all over him

@CliftonGeraldi @SRCJJ who is this Japanese sensation? Next big thing?

He’s a monster no doubt. But as he’s a bantamweight he’ll never really get the global recognition for his talents.

2 Likes

It’s amazing the punching power this guy has, he’s a little over 8st :laughing:

3 Likes

Inoue is potentially a top 5 p4p’er imo mate. The guy has unreal power for a guy of his size but like @SRCJJ mentioned I doubt he gets that recognition @Electrifying

1 Like

Yeah I mean this is unreal

2 Likes

As a guy who’s boxed for 7 years growing up, I can tell you (unsurprisingly) - that sort of punching power isn’t trainable, you’re just born with it.

I’ve been in a ring with John Ryder before (if anyone knows him) for a 2 round spar, and I didn’t think a person’s jab could disorientate me as much as his did.

2 Likes

3…2…1…

WILDERRRRRRRRRR

Deontay pre fight: “I want a body on my record”

Deontay post fight:”I told him I love him and I want to see him go home to his family”

I like him in some ways but he’s out of control with this Bronze Bomber nonsense

1 Like

This isn’t entirely true. I don’t think Tommy Hearns was much of a puncher in the amateurs if I remember right.

Most big punchers have very good technique and body weight shifting. The more bodyweight a boxer recruits into the punch x how fast he can do this equates to power.

If you took Mike Tyson before and after he was taught technique there’d be worlds of difference in his power or pretty much any boxer bar maybe someone like Foreman who’d pull up tree trunks with his swings

I would say though that yes, punching tecnique becomes hard wired quite early. So once that technique is hard wired you’ll struggle to change it.

1 Like

Probably closer to 10 stone by the time he actually gets in the ring

Haha fair enough mate. I probably didn’t mean to sound it as factual as I did.

I would maintain though that to quite an extent the one punch KO power doesn’t always come from the strength training. I’ve seen a lot of guys over the years hit the bench at the gym and although they are undoubtedly stronger in the ring physically, it doesn’t always translate to that concussive punching power.

Technique is very important too though as you say, I agree. A lot of Floyd Mayweathers’ opponents after his fights (especially towards the end of his career when he moved up and stopped knocking people out) would always say as a first thing ‘he was a lot stronger than I was expecting him to be’

Yes lifting big benches will mean little to a puncher if he’s arm punching and/or not sitting on his shots. jerks and cleans, would be much better exercises as they recruit most of the used muscles and you need to execute them at speed. Tyszu used to incorporate clean and jerks into his training alongside the bench to be fair.

I’d imagine Pacquaio’s power went up allot, as he gained weight and improved his technique and timing. Especially his right hook, which became a real weapon when before he was seen as 1 handed

Floyd Mayweather doesn’t actually leverage his body weight into his punches. I’m not sure if he has poor punching technique or if it’s on purpose so he’s never overcommited and there to be hit. But that’s why he was never a devastating puncher.

I don’t think he rehydrates close to 28 pounds lol