Boxing

Replace Fury with Zhang, and we got ourselves an event. Leave Fury on the outside if he insists on playing silly buggers.

2 Likes

Ryan Garcia vs Gervonta Davis. Somebody’s 0 has got to go

So pumped for this fight. Garcia is extremely confident it’s making me think maybe he’s got this lol

1 Like

This one looks to be happening but a shame no titles will be on the line

1 Like

Have to give AJ credit he’s dodged no challenge and genuinely wanted to fight the best heavyweight fighters in the world.

Wilder and Fury have both turned down fights with him before

Ortiz (before he completely went shot) team turned down £7m when Hearn offered it to him after the Miller fight fell through and then they went down the Ruiz route instead.

He took the hardest mandatory imaginable with Usyk and chased the immediate rematch when taking an interim fight against a southpaw would have been better.

1 Like

Can’t wait for this. Biggest fight of the year so far no doubt about it.

If I see;

Bivol-Berterbiev
Haney-Loma (happening)
Stevenson-winner of above
Spence-Crawford (finally in advanced negotiations)
Fury-Usyk
AJ-Wilder

I’ll be the happiest combat sport fan ever

1 Like

Taylor/Teo is the one that excites me the most.

Want to see Taylor knocked out. Hate him for the way he treated the Caterall match and rematch

1 Like

Just an off night for Taylor. He’s levels above Catterall.

I am so buzzed for tonight’s fight. I got Tank but Ryan doesn’t look the drained guy that everyone expected at this catchweight. Not to my naked eye anyway.

Reckon this will be by far Tank’s toughest test.

Why is there no title on the line? I know they aren’t fighting at the weight Tank holds the title in but why did they not do that?

Tank and his team wanted to bring Garcia in S low as possibly and even added a hydration clause for the second day weights.

Tank masterclass so far.

Both fighters struggle to make 135 and less red tape at catch weight.

Garcia has always had a reputation for being soft and this will do him no favours. I’m not saying that shot didn’t hurt, but that looked like he wanted out to me.

Davis must have had one of his easier nights there. Don’t recall a single moment where I thought he didn’t look to be in complete control

1 Like

No way, that was a devastating shot. Garcia did well to stay on his feet for so long. Shots like that take your breath away.

A finish like that means that there is no need for a rematch.

1 Like

I don’t doubt that it hurt but I’m just saying it won’t do his reputation any favours.

Garcia is a nothing fighter though. Feel like Davis could have ended that fight sooner but was enjoying schooling him.

Excellent footwork and distance control from Davis too

I agree, it never looks good when a fighter takes a knee. The old school thinking of die on your shield is daft though.

I think Garcia genuinely couldn’t get up but if he did get up then got flatlined, he’d be a meme and mentally getting KO’d might be tough to come back from.

Garcia needs to stay at 135.140 has too many danger men.

Tank is the best of the bunch 135-140

Boxing isn’t a game.

But don’t both usually fight at lightweight and wasn’t the catchweight only 1 lb above the lightweight limit?

I’m not really familiar with boxing weight classes and couldn’t find much regarding the actual reason for doing it at a carchweight.