Boxing

Making the fights happen is good, but I’d say the value of that is limited when the boxing match in question features a fucking youtuber vs a previously great mma fighter who has been paid to hold back and then take a dive. It surprises me that anyone other than 13 year old Jake Paul subscribers would even want that fight made.

3 Likes

It’s a statement. Loma is one of the best in the sport. No way should Paul be generating more headlines.

I’m not just talking about on here by the way.

Yeah but this is just your personal point of view. Sure, Loma and loads of other guys are better at the sport itself but it isnt purely about that is it?

It’s like all the guys in MMA who claim they don’t want to be like Conor because they’re real martial artists and they’re respectful etc etc, thats all well and good but at the core it’s entertainment and if people aren’t entertained by you then you make less money because people don’t buy your stuff.

So yeah, purely on the basis of who is better at the sport of boxing, Loma should get more headlines. But it isn’t just about that, so we have the reality that we have currently.

1 Like

Freakshows will always make money. Can’t be mad at that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take boxing out of this for a minute. If Beyonce, BTS and Logan Paul released albums on the same day, you wouldn’t find it odd if Paul was getting all the airtime and air play?

Each to their own I suppose.

It’s why The Apprentice is so successful

Exactly. People love cringey car-crash tv :slight_smile:

I’m not mad at Jake Paul by the way as he trains properly and seems dedicated.

1 Like

If someone offered me a reason for why that happened then I probably wouldn’t be surprised.

I’m not saying I like Paul or that I don’t agree that it sucks actual good fighters don’t get the airtime, I’m just making a case as to why it’s happening.

I’d like to see Jake Paul get into the Octagon :stuck_out_tongue:

He doesn’t deserve that! Would be first degree murder.

Just watched the Loma fight. Struggled more than he might have in his peak. In fairness though, he was fighting somebody that he knows.

Can’t see Haney staying at 135, Garcia vs Tank might actually happen, so Loma vs Stevensson in a passing of the torch fight?

That said, if Haney goes up, the belts would become fragmented so Tank would be regular champ and probably wouldn’t fight Garcia and Loma would get to fight for THE WBC again.

I know. You couldn’t even do kickboxing because even that one extra element would sway the scales heavily against Paul.

Jake Paul v Tyson Fury next please.

Tyson knocks his head off and Logan ends up in a cell for false advertising his prime drink, after KSI throws him under the bus.

Let’s gooooo

1 Like

@SRCJJ think you’ll enjoy this

1 Like

Tbf he tried but Tommy Fury ran from him twice.

Pathetic fucking making excuses about not being able to fly to the US.

I think fucking must run in the Fury’s.

I actually watched this literally half hour ago. Fury made a fool of himself here- he really came across as unnecessarily hostile and hated being challenged.

He always blames everyone else for why fights don’t materialise.

This is a proper approach to how someone should be challenged.

His justification for fighting Chisora is bizarre too. He literally is reaching beyond anything I’ve ever seen for someone trying to justify why they’ve taken a shit fight lol

1 Like

Tommy Fury isn’t a boxer though let’s be honest lol

Who would you like to see Paul fight?

I don’t really care tbh I wouldn’t ever watch one of his fights I just think the way he’s positioned himself is bizarre. He’s calling out Canelo- but he’s fighting aged MMA fighters lol.

Either start fighting boxers - even lower level ones or stop calling yourself a high level boxer.

1 Like