Bob Wilson

What a legend :grin:

10 Likes

Was a bit nervous coming into this thread ngl.

Glad to see he’s still alive :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Lovely man and Arsenal to the core. Very injury prone keeper and not a great but he still deserves to be seen as an Arsenal legend.

4 Likes

He’s more pro Wenger than @BigWeng_4LYFE

Lovely fella is Bob Wilson. I hope he’s still involved with the club somehow

2 Likes

I can’t remember if I’ve read one or both of his autobiographies but he has a great story. Came across as so down to earth. Faced a tragedy with his daughters death and turned that into a genuinely good thing with the Willow Foundation. A great man Bob Wilson.

6 Likes

Always hard to remember he got 2 caps for Scotland.
One thing we overlook is he was one of the first real goalkeeper coaches. Served the club exceptionally well in that capacity.

5 Likes

I always thought him coaching David Seaman was a quite unreasonable quantity of goalkeeping talent for one club :grin:

2 Likes

He will be a hurt man today.

2 Likes

Bob Wilson is an absolute joyful follow on Twitter. Nothing but positivity and good wishes etc.

Also great news for Alex Scott. I really like her as a pundit/commentator.

1 Like
2 Likes

Goalkeepers union

7 Likes

Love this man

He loves our club and should be on our board

4 Likes

There is a fabulous talkSPORT podcast ‘My sporting life’ with Danny Kelly talking to Willow about his life story .
Fabulous podcast and listen.
Danny Kelly is a brilliant broadcaster and his series on TS are well worth listening too .

2 Likes

Malcolm Macdonald one is good. Especially how he got treated by Revie with England.

1 Like

It was a very good listen.
In all fairness Stolls , all of the series is a great listen. Even if you don’t particularly like the sport or the person it’s a very good listen.
There is a Georgie Graham one which I can’t find for toffee. I’ve heard parts of it when driving.

1 Like