Black Lives Matter Movement

Yes I said it only happens to black people and I quote myself:

‘What does any of that have to do with police murdering both black and white men who pose no apparent threat?’

There’s plenty of footage of police murdering unarmed white men too. The issue of the thread is heavy handed police, if you’d like to talk about another topic, make a thread for it.

Right so one issue is dealing with how cops behave. Now do you think it’s conducive to burn down where you live?

No that’s the whole issue of the thread. But I’ll go off on your tangent, as much as I may regret it.

There’s a valid argument that looting and burning buildings down shouldn’t happen but most protestors are peaceful. It’s a minority that are looting.

On the other hand. Is there a valid argument about violent protests causing social change. Yes there is. That’s why the Trade Unions have created so much social change in France because they shut the economy down

Are plenty of opportunistic people looting to get free stuff. Ofcourse

Wow, that is incredible. He had the best energy I’ve seen from the protests so far, and then gets treated like that. No words.

1 Like

What do you say about Antifa handing out bricks to little black bits and girls?

I agree but how do you do this?

LOL so you think it’s the fault of black people that they have serious issues with discrimination?

You just posted a whole heap of really shit generalisations going off some assertion that all black people are the same.

I know a lot of incredibly successful black people who came up in good homes, with both parents and still had to face unprecedented levels of discrimination just because they are black. Yet here you with are with all the shitty generalisations that usually get spouted by extremely ignorant people who think black people are the cause of all of their own problems.

But you go on with the self-hate. You’re like Tinie Tempah, ‘we need to learn to love ourselves before we ask others for love’ lmao, nobody is asking anybody to love anyone they just don’t want to be racially discriminated against.

You think it’s self hate to say fix and help yourself rather than ask everybody to help. My friend you are the problem your mindset is the reason there is stagnation in the black community. We are not invalids or babies we don’t need hand outs we need to able to stand on our own two feet and support our kin. Being introspective is not self hate it’s taking matters into your own hands forging your own way like every other race. Why do black folks have to go cup in hand asking the very people that you say hates us for help? That’s stupid!

2 Likes

It’s obviously controversial. Their view is anarchy will force the powers that be to change their broken ways.

Before the rioting started the killer of George Floyd wasn’t arrested. It took several days of rioting until they actually arrested him. But they didn’t charge his accomplices. Now after about a week of rioting George Floyd’s family solicitor says they have been told the other officers will be charged.

So I’ll turn it back to you. Do you think protests have forced some change in this particular case? I’m of the opinion it has.

What’s that whataboutism goto to do with seeking justice for those killed by police officers?

Wtf even is this lol? What does this have to do with not wanting to be a victim of racism? Or for there to be justice for murdered black men and women at the hands of police

You can’t help who hates you if someone is going to hate they are going to hate nothing you can do about that. No one wants to be a victim it’s not a choice you don’t wake and say “today I want to be a victim of …”

1 Like

If it’s for victims of police brutality then why do we only see black victims. How many people march or rioted when that guy was made to crawl on the floor before he was shot and killed? The police man got off with no charges and kept his job. Was that guy the wrong colour to riot about?

1 Like

Racism is something that’s a real shame, but sadly I don’t think it’ll be something we ever seem stamped out of society.

1 Like

Mmmmm, lick those boots.

We haven’t seen much in the way of marching or riots for black victims either up until this point. This has been a breaking point. I agree that the shooting of the white man in the hotel isn’t much better than this one. It’s a systemic problem and police departments and officers need regulating and policing and not by themselves.

And that’s what it should boil down to politically and practically

1 Like

This is the problem everyone is quick to rally around the racism because it white on black. Rather than the bigger problem of the impunity of police officers to off the public’s with little to no ramifications. Could the officer be racist? Probably. Could he feel he could do what he wants and get away with it? Maybe. The policing needs reform

At what point did generalise? I merely mentioned the areas that needs improvement.

Just because there is some doesn’t change that fact. Some two parent households ok how the 75-80% that don’t?

Some protest does inspire change yes.

So by definition then we move this up to the President then?