Black Lives Matter Movement

If you choose to ignore the examples given why should I put in the effort to provide more?

In those docs they actually explain what the mentality of people towards a universal health care is and why it’s so difficult to establish. Big part of the American populous doesn’t want it, because individual freedom above anything…

But as an individual is it not your right to chose what you want for yourself?

With certain things people have to be protected from themselves. Health (care) is one of those.

1 Like

That’s certainly one interpretation. Mine would be more along the lines of: extremely selective individual freedom (which is a really hard thing to define in the first place) is a cultural property of the US culture, and is selectively obstinate about it towards certain things, because it has suited the US interests re: power/money/dominance/etc. These kind of attitudes don’t just develop and maintain in a vacuum, and they are a certain way for a reason.

(If I haven’t expressed myself very clearly here, which I don’t think I have: individual freedom is a hard concept to pin down and depends on how you define it/what barometer you’re using. Americans are “free” in some senses, very unfree in others. Certainly compared to any country in western Europe it is where most un-free I personally feel. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Americans protest greatly for their individual freedom when it comes to a things like health care and guns that only suit a very small percentage of the population and are happy to cede it in other cases).

To be even more clear, I think that justification is as superficial as can be, and exactly the type that suits the interests in power.

1 Like

Let’s not carry on a closed topic in other threads. This will be opened again.

@needscoffee what’s going on in Seattle?

What’s happening in Seattle?

Hehe

2 Likes

This guy is too conservative for me to take him seriously

What is occurring in Seattle?

Apparently protestors have taken over an area of the city and deemed it an “autonomous zone” from the rest of the city.

They also stormed a police station and took it over because the police retreated from it.

Great ammunition for the “send in the military” brigade that

3 Likes

Tim pool conservative :joy: that guy is left libertarian

Supposedly a soundcloud rapper has lead the charge and the first thing he did was institute a stop and frisk order for anyone who they don’t recognize in their autonomous zone, that’ll show the fascists!! :rofl::rofl:

Another interesting thing I’ve heard is that supposedly an assault occurred in the autonomous zone and someone called 911 for the police to come and assist. All rumors but they are also requesting $500 from business owners for protection and now I’ve just heard a sexual assault may have happened as well.

2 Likes

It sounds like a bit of a cunt zone from what you’ve described there.

2 Likes

Antifa and BLM set up a zone and it fucks up in two days :rofl:

This is just stupid.
BLM should distance themselves from these groups and denounce them before their action spoil any good work.

Democrats might be trying to make things worse on purpose.

Lol they won’t they in bed with them

Lord of the flies type situation. Or that teenage book series where a dome shuts the kids off from the adults and it turns into a feral wasteland.

What happens when there’s no moral guide to the ‘revolutionaries’ I guess.

2 Likes