Bernd Leno

Clean sheet

Fucking finally.

Hopefully the future will come with him back in the Bundesliga and us with a top quality goalkeeper again.

Heā€™s not our biggest problem by any stretch of the imagination and Iā€™d totally be comfortable with him remaining our number one for a couple more seasons. But heā€™s not irreplaceable thatā€™s for sure.

6 Likes

Big Emi returning will be like when Henry came back vs Leeds :heart_eyes:

1 Like

We definitely sold the wrong dood last summeršŸ¤£

We sold the wrong guy even before Leno started reminding the board heā€™s only got two years left on his deal.

At a normal club youā€™d expect the board to begin negotiations with the player before he entered the last 24 months of his deal but Arsenal arenā€™t normal, so weā€™ll end up running him down to the last 12 months and then probably sell him for less than the fee we paid.

6 Likes

You canā€™t start negotiations with a player if he doesnā€™t want to.
Btw, look at the contracts expiring next year.

This is not an Arsenal problem. Itā€™s happening everywhere.

1 Like

Yeah, I do remember Wenger making a point (which he was ridiculed for at the time) about more and more playing running their contracts down now. Weā€™re obviously seeing that at PSG with Neymar and Mbappe and some other really notable names on there that you wouldnā€™t expect to see on the verge of entering the final 12 months of their deal.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what happens when you carelessly hand out these massive contracts to players.
More players and agents want a piece of that.

Will be interesting to see which players start the season without renewing their deal. Reckon thatā€™s gonna be most of them.

2 Likes

Yeah. The bubble canā€™t be far off bursting thatā€™s for sure.

I heard that the Haaland transfer will come with both his father and Raiola being paid very handsomely so not only is Haaland going to chase big wages his father and agent are also looking for hefty fees. Not to mention Dortmund wonā€™t drop their asking price.

Football is a crazy game.

3 Likes

Would love to know how much this wanker has taken out of the game :grin:

Forbes reckons $84m in commissions.

Anybody seen this?

Would honestly rather start Ryan over Leno for the rest of the season. Lenoā€™s been so poor lately

1 Like

It was a hard shot tbf, and the cold air combined with Lenoā€™s short sleeves probably affected his circulation and in turn affected his motor skills.

7 Likes

I donā€™t know what the fuck that was. Absolutely embarassing

2 Likes

Dude was probably just half asleep watching what was going on in-front of him for 80 minutes, then probably got a little hypnotized by watching Xhaka doing a weird waddle trying to run like a fullback.

1 Like

Giving me flashbacks of Almunia in Paris in 2006

Clown heā€™s always got a mistake in him

2 Likes

This wanker already has his eye on his next move :grin: