Bernd Leno

Weird mistake but still one of our most consistent and top performers.

That was a fucking atrocious mistake. Heā€™s been really solid this season but some proper clown ass shit there.

Heā€™s lucky that Luiz already threw the game earlier so his error wonā€™t be seen as costing us the game. Do that at 1-1 with 11 men and he gets slaughtered.

6 Likes

How many games is he suspended for?

1 Like

Just yesterday

2 Likes

Disgusting

4 Likes

If I was famous and had social media I limit comments on my posts to people I follow. Thatā€™s what I see a lot of people doing these days.

5 Likes

If I was famous Iā€™d just turn comments on for who Iā€™m following only aswell. Not worth the hassle

1 Like

so many sick people out there

Leno is like Dracula , he hates crosses .

6 Likes

Canā€™t seem to keep a nought nowadays either

5 Likes

Very clever
I had to think about that one

1 Like

Leno is more vocal that I thought.

Looked like Amartey wanted his shirt at the end there too.

2 Likes

Quietly having another impressive season imo. After years of total clowns in goal itā€™s weird not thinking about needing an urgent upgrade at the keeper position.

4 Likes

Anyone blaming him for the goal we conceded?
I really canā€™t. Our goalkeepers have been instructed to make that kind of pass since Arteta arrived, and we usually handle it pretty well.
Xhaka to blame imo.

1 Like

Not Lenoā€™s fault at all. This is exactly the situation we want here. Burnley were pressing with six and keeping four back. Weā€™ve sucked them forward and now its an easy first time right footed pass from Xhaka to Luiz in an acre of space and then heā€™ll have the opportunity to play it forward to Odegaard or Chambers (off screen) and we have a great chance to break.

7 Likes

God, that Xhaka canā€™t play that pass is basically exhibit A as to why we must upgrade.

Fuck me how many times weā€™d be able to attack quickly if this guy wouldnā€™t slow it down and play it backwards if itā€™s not perfectly on his left pogo stick.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t call that a first time right footed pass. Itā€™s way too risky, especially since heā€™s left footed. Thatā€™s why he took a first touch and (I presume) tried to lob it over Woods to David Luiz. Which was the right thing to do there, to bad he sucks.

Imo he had two choices there.

1: Pass it back to Leno (so he could boot it up field).

2: Take a first touch and hit it left for a throw in.

Bonus option: Dribble it over the line and give Burnley a corner, signal the bench to inform them that your going off. You just realised your limits as a football player and ask for a free transfer to the Icelandic second division.

1 Like

I would say itā€™s a fairly simple sidefoot and if he hits it with a decent amount of gusto it will get to either one of the 2 guys there.

Iā€™m shite at football and Iā€™d trust myself to make that pass on my weaker foot.

So it worries me that I canā€™t trust a professional top level footballer to make that pass.

I feel like we are overcomplicating simple things.

2 Likes

Agreed. If the guy trusts himself to lob it to Luiz there with his right foot then surely he can pull off a simple sidefoot pass to someone else there.

3 Likes

Forget that incident, he made a huge save at 1-1 to keep us in with a chance of winning. Thought that was a a guaranteed goal when it came to Woods.

Huge save and a reminder of what he brings to the table.

7 Likes