Bernd Leno

@Calum is right, from what I remember he always rated Ospina

Donā€™t mind Leno personally. Was solid today. Score couldā€™ve been worse but he was reliable when needed.

1 Like

Not that Iā€™m blaming him for not saving the pens, but didnā€™t actually have a great record in Germany at saving them ?

Itā€™s the Cech effect.

Passing accuracy:

(89.7%) Alisson
(62.5%) Leno

:thinking:

That long?

1 Like

That situation shows the difference between us and Liverpool.
They had a GK that made a mistake and was cleared out straight away to replaced by a far better player.

If that was us, we would have kept him for several seasons, watch him keep repeating the same mistakes, and then bought someone who was at the same level.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve had Mignolet in goal from 2013 before that so it was 5 years they had shit goakeepers before they got Alisson

3 Likes

Yeah, to suggest Liverpool rectified their keeping situation straight away is a massive leap

1 Like

Klopp wasnā€™t there when they bought Mignolet.

To be fair. we havenā€™t bought a decent GK since we moved to the Emirates, unless you include Cech for his first season with us.

But he was still his number 1 gk untill they bought Allison. Karius came in at the second half of last season only

If Liverpool would have lost to Madrid by a couple of standard goals, be interesting to know if theyd have gone for another keeper.

I havenā€™t got any confidence in this dude when it comes to handling opposition crosses or catching a ball

Should have just stopped the sentence thereā€¦

2 Likes

he has made some good saves today, good shot stopper but needs to work on crosses.

Made some good saves today but I think itā€™s easier at times to do it when youā€™re down and know youā€™re going to lose the game.

I can recall many average keepers having good games vs us at Highbury etc back when we were a powerhouse competing for titles.

2 Likes

Wouldā€™ve lost at least 5-1 if we didnā€™t have Leno

Maybe it was an impulse post during the game, so will need to revisit my point with a clear head but I still feel the same way right now.

Heā€™s not a standout keeper in any particular skill. His distribution in particular is laughable. However he kept the score down from the standard 5-1, 6-1 etc that this was heading for as soon as they got their 2nd, so Iā€™ll credit him for that

Thought he was very good today and brave at times too.

2 Likes