Benjamin White (4)

That’s besides the point bro, we already have too many defenders including a “world beating” prospect that cost us £30m. If we can sell a couple fine go in for Ben White, although I would argue that we could get a more established CB for that price, but we have areas in need of dire reinforcements. Would be madness to spend such a significant portion of our funds on a cb with out addressing those other areas first!

2 Likes

I wonder who we will loan White to :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think us willing to spend over £40m for a defender having sold none yet says a lot about our budget no?
We’re also focusing on Maddison based on Bell’s latest update and the guy could cost a fortune as well.
Also interested in Isak who will cost a fortune too.

I assume there is money to be spent.

Don’t want to jinx it but it does look like the Kroenkes decided to finally spend.

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking

We are if we go back with a bigger offer.

3 Likes

They’re mad for rejecting it, and we’re mad for offering it.

This is the madness we were promised! :slight_smile:

1 Like

These guys are beyond incompetent.

By the time Arteta is finally shit canned he’d have done some heavy damage.

5 Likes

Nice to see the funding is there, but. Saliba…hello?

1 Like

New bid!

£40,000,001

5 Likes

Even in preseason where I expected to shut off from us this club still finds a way to still piss me off.

I’m focussing on the Euros while it lasts.

1 Like

The problem I have with this deal is yeh sure White could be the next big thing in at CB in the league but we’re paying the type of fee for someone who already should be one of the best in the league.

I’d have expected a deal like this to end up at £25-35m max and we’re opening at £40m. Little on the crazy side this one.

1 Like

I will only understand this bid if we go on to spend 240m in total and bring in 6 players

£40m for Ben White? I can’t even

1 Like

I hate this club.

4 Likes

With so many surplus CB’s that are adequate, if not top quality, we should pay 20m for White with a buy one get one free on two of our players.

Mari, AMN and 20m is a good deal for both clubs.

1 Like

I don’t understand, we hardly conceded, our midfielders and goalie were the error prone ones, we have saliba coming back Gabriel more experienced. Why are we trying to spend another 40 mil on a cb.

5 Likes

Because we’re Arsenal and buying players for positions we don’t need, while tolerating mediocrity for positions we need top quality for, is what we do best.

It’s not a perfect transfer strategy but my spurs mates love it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Barring Gabriel our defence is pretty average and we still don’t know how Saliba will do in the Prem.

The reason we don’t concede much is because our football in general is very conservative.

1 Like

Alot of defences in the league are average as fuck, rudiger and Zouma are horrible, Lindelof and Bailly are horrible, whoever the fuck Pool used instead of VVD are horrible,
Dier is horrible and the other twats.

Gabriel Saliba Holding Chambers Mari are fine for a team with 1 game a week. We will need to defend less with actual intelligence in the middle of the park

1 Like

Ben White isn’t the missing piece to change this

2 Likes