Benjamin White (4)

tbf I think I said that aswell at the time. He was good with big Per and no one else

1 Like

The crazy thing is that he wasn’t even that bad in the Brentford game and had very little to do with either one of the goals, the first was Chambers crapping himself and Leno getting beat at his near post and the second one was Leno and Pablo Mari getting bullied and then Tierney getting beat for the header.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter. He was still a 50m signing and the Ben White/Ben Shite thing was such low hanging fruit.

People who don’t watch Arsenal just don’t understand how good he is. And I don’t even mean it in the way Ozil stans would say “Oh you just don’t get it, you have to be on another level to understand his game”. White is obviously really good, you’d just have to watch him.

2 Likes

Kosc was an excellent on-ball defender. As a team defender he was average and needed more tactical guidance. Liable to make a mistake and invariably did.

2 Likes

OG at home to Atleti in the EL semi-finals still boggles my mind.

2 Likes

Koscielny was an excellent defender and it’s a shame his rare mistakes were often the ones with the most impact.
Those mistakes have defined his career but beyond them, he was excellent.
Supremely athletic as a player.

3 Likes

Had a great chant, though, did Koscielny.

#oh I wanna dance with Koscielny
I wanna feel the heat with Koscielny
Ohhhh I wanna dance with Koscielny
With Koscielny who loves me#

1 Like

No he wasn’t. He was an excellent athlete who had good recovery pace which made up for his sloppy positioning and sometimes bizarre decision making as a defender.

An excellent defender is a defender before anything else. His best traits were physical (his speed which aided his recovery) and he was quite strong too. But there was nothing “excellent” about him as a pure defender.

Per was always the better actual defender

6 Likes

Hahahaha Love that one.

1 Like

Does it matter if he defended using excellent positioning or through physical traits?
At the end, he defended well.
He was an excellent 1v1 defender, often put himself on the line to defend for the team and would cover for Per excellently.

People get too hung up on the attributes of being a natural defender. If the outcome is good defence, who gives a shit?

Per was perhaps the “better actual defender” but without Koscielny covering him, Per was equally lacking in his capabilities to manage attackers. Without Koscielny, Per would have been a disaster.

People make this weird assumption about Koscielny in their head about him being rash & error-prone.
Just like "Per gets caught up against speedy defender’ nonsense, Kos being error-prone is nonsense as well. Koscielny has 4-5 career mistakes in 8 seasons and apart from that, he has been excellent for Arsenal.

How many goals have Koscielny actually conceded due to “his sloppy positioning and sometimes bizarre decision-making as a defender”?
That is all in your head and has not been a constant feature of Koscielny’s game. You have always been biased against Koscielny and I bet you can never back up your assertions.
How many instances can you list down where we conceded because of Koscielny’s individual mistakes?
The way you go on, I am sure you can list down 20-30 mistakes.

1 Like

This guy is so fake.
The way he’s going he’s making a big case to be in my all-time favourite XI.

4 Likes

Chelsea took all of Brighton but we got the best one :smile:

9 Likes

Absolute class. Cruising to the PL team of the season.

2 Likes

For some reason, everyone will sleep on Ben White even if we win the league

6 Likes

Chelsea spent £60m on a Brighton full back who can’t even get into the team.

We spent £50m on a Brighton CB who’s making a case for being the best full back in the league this season.

14 Likes

What about City?

They are even worse here. They decided to sell Zinchenko to get Coocoorella ffs

:arteta:

What was Guardiola thinking? :pires2: :henry:

1 Like
5 Likes

Could do with signing a CB cos Benjamin has made the RB spot his own.

4 Likes

Pound for pound our best defender, I just love his brand of quiet excellence

Just a rock

8 Likes

Reminder England had this guy around during the WC and decided they wouldn’t have some of that. :grimacing:

Zero f’n minutes. Not even against Wales.

5 Likes