Benfica Vs Arsenal (UEL)

Like whom, genuinely? Spurs and United are the only ones we should actually be afraid off.

Of course this season everyone and their mom beats us, but you know what I mean.

Itā€™s strange that the bookies have Leicester behind us and spurs to win the EL.
They look the strongest of all those teams.

It could be that there are at least three English clubs in the semi finals which means we will have to beat either Man U, Leicester or spurs, over two legs, just to get to the final and Iā€™m not sure we can do that.

1 Like

I think itā€™s a solid bet that Leicester go for top four over Europa. They crashed and burned last season without European football. They will want to avoid that again.

Leicester are the dark horses for me and probably the best team in it. Also you never know what youā€™re going to get with the likes of Milan, Napoli and Ajax.

I actually think itā€™s quite an exciting collection of teams with good pedigree and heritage, also hilarious how so many significant teams that you would usually associate with the CL are playing in this disgusting competition this year.

2 Likes

I think top four is what Rodgers would prefer but to win a European trophy is something not many managers do and for a club like Leicester, it would really put them on the next level.

It would also mean that Rodgers would become one of the most sought after managers in Europe and Iā€™m sure if a massive club like Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man U came knocking, he wouldnā€™t turn them down.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any world where Rodgers becomes one of the most sought after managers in Europe. Iā€™m not sure what club is going to be pursuing him if he wins the EL? His best bet is a job like Spurs when Jose inevitably gets sacked and thatā€™s hardly a European giant.

I think he should stay at Leicester they are a well run club that will always be around the top 7 imo heā€™s building something good there

2 Likes

He would still be right up there on my list of managers to come here but I still think a top PL club like Man U, is where he wants to be.

There arenā€™t many managers in Europe better than him.

1 Like

Imo Leicester are the best team in it currently.

1 Like

If we draw any English team, I fear weā€™re out.

(All dependent on whether we beat Benfica)

2 Likes

Lille are leading Ligue 1 and given worse odds than Ajax or Villarreal.

We are capable of beating anyone, it just depends on which Arsenal turn up .

5 Likes

Hopefully itā€™s not the Arsenal that lost to Olympiakos in the r32 that turns up

I hope not . OA will go into meltdown .

1 Like

So will we take the punt on Tierney do you think ?

Is he fit enough?

I feel like Iā€™ve heard this sentence numerous times during the Wengerā€™s era.

1 Like

The 2 best players at the club in the video. As things should be.

Actually quite looking forward to this now

1 Like