BATE Borisov Vs Arsenal (UEL Round of 32 1st Leg)

And how do you clean up your act after you’re done and it looks like you recorded the new ghost busters film in there? asking for a friend

I can’t swear to it but I thought I saw Wenger in the crowd holding up a banner saying Emery out !

Yeah and his failure at PSG consisted of what? 5 trophies in 2 years? It is a little exaggerated his failing. The one year they had a lightning bolt Monaco doing a historic season… the other big failing was collapsing against Barca. If he had lost 2 matches to Barca that were unremarkable, I think it would have also been looked at quite differently than how it went down.

Fair point. They’ll have been fresher than we were. :gunnersaurus:

Edit: I see @ljungbergkamp got there before me. I’ll still take any likes going though.

2 Likes

One shot on target in the second half and it was from Guendouzi after 90 minutes…when we’re behind in a European tie…

The last 2 games have been colossally bad performances by the Arse

1 Like

We’ve so good at passing the ball backwards we might be better off playing Rugby

2 Likes

Completely agree. The margins appear much finer when you’re judged on what you don’t win versus what you can win. It’s what has made Pep so special.

We had no other matches this weekend to worry about, and we still went out there and put on that kind of shit show.

What a fucking disaster this is.

You still think Emery should continue after the summer, and in the meantime spend tens of millions, because before Holding got injured it seemed they played better?

1 Like

You don’t go from losing away to fucking BATE to winning this competition.

Whether we’re shit or not we should have come here and put them out to pasture like the farmers they are.

3 Likes

Relative success? His players literally worked to have him fired from PSG and it’s not like his previous players came out of the woodwork to defend him. The PSG players bare most of that responsibility,but some of it has to fall on his lap for not figuring out how to lead the team. Managing players at this level is part of the job. There are prima donnas with big, fragile egos. You have to figure out what makes them tick and get them to buy in and do the job. He hasn’t so far.

Having said that, I wouldn’t expect trophies from anyone in their first season. What I do expect is progress. Even it’s slow and plodding progress, and I just don’t see it right now.

1 Like

That’s an absolutely disgusting performance and we got the result to match, Emery’s luck is starting to run out.

I still think we’ll overturn the deficit at home, but no way in hell we’re winning the competition.

1 Like

Overturning it will just paper over the cracks and we’ll get smashed by Napoli further down the line.

These are grim fucking times.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

Emery’s seat is getting hotter and hotter now

1 Like

Sadly yeah… We won’t make the final if we play anywhere near like tonight

I just had a rather dark thought that maybe we should just get knocked out and go all out for the top 4. We won’t get it either but at least nothing else will distract us and we might be closer…

Fucking hell

4 Likes

You said it exactly like i would