Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

The Rockets are desperate. They are going to get Jeff Bzdelik (defensive coach) back out of his retirement. Although they deny their start is the reason of him coming back.

Houston lost may too many solid roles and added Carmelo Anthony. Theyā€™re fucked.

2 Likes

The Lakers beat us at home, then the next day they come out and trail the kawhi-less raptors by 25 after the 1st at Staples.

Back to backs are no joke, the Lakers looked like they had been in a 12 round fight with portland less than 24 hours before, which they had! Probably missing Kawhi helped the Raptors cuz it also seemed like the Lakers werenā€™t taking them very seriously to start the game.

Iā€™m giving the Lakers until about the 20th game. If they donā€™t have their shit together by that point, just pack it in this year, maybe need to fire Walton too.

The Bucks trounced the Warriors in the Oracle, admittedly Draymond Green didnā€™t play but itā€™s still super impressive by the Bucks.

1 Like

Butler traded to Philly for Saric, Covington and a 2022 2nd round pick, donā€™t mind the move for both franchises, Philly needed another all star to add to Embiid and Ben, whilst Minny get some decent pieces for a want away player who was going to walk.

2 Likes

Raptors, Celtics, Philly, Bucks, Indiana, the east conf is on fire this season.

2 Likes

Glad to see that there are at least some, competitive teams. Itā€™s very top heavy with those teams u mentioned tho, itā€™s not the western conference top to bottom.

3 Likes

Looking forward to watching Butler at Philly. Exciting times.

1 Like

Hopefully if work goes according to plan Iā€™ll be able to catch some of the Lakers vs Blazers game live on ESPN this afternoon, Dame is in some sort of doubt after taking a hard fall vs Boston, would make it extremely difficult for us to win if he doesnā€™t play.

1 Like

Lol 730 pm on Wed here, ready to see ur Blazers get rekt by the :goat::goat::goat: modern day NBA franchise?? WEā€™VE GOT LEBRONNNNN :grin::grin::grin::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

LeBron was insane tonight :dizzy_face:, still he probably has 2-3 prime years left to get another ring and heā€™s wasted a season this year.

1 Like

Did he waste it tho? I think itā€™s pretty clear the Laker roster is a hell of a lot better than Cleveland, and the simple reality is that they canā€™t get big free agents to sign there. I think he knew that his best chance of winning a ring again is to sign with LA.

1 Like

I think Philly was probably a better choice, but thatā€™s up for debate, probably depends who the Lakers can sign this off season. If you get 2 of Durant, Kawhi or Klay then yeah Lakers his best shot.

1 Like

Meh Philly is alright. Theyā€™ve got a better top 2 guys than the Lakers had last year, but thatā€™s still not enough to get past GSW. In Lebronā€™s mind he is probably thinking the Lakers can get Kawhi and Klay or Anthony Davis, which are all possibilities, and itā€™s probably what Magic convinced him of. Now a team like that can definitely beat GSW.

Davis wonā€™t move for this summer, so by the earliest he could join LeBron is when LeBron is 35. I do agree Kawhi, Klay & LeBron if you can pull it off could win it next year.

1 Like

@BigWeng_4LYFE Dame, CJ, LeBron & Nurk would have been a pretty decent core :wink:

1 Like

Yeh I canā€™t recall if Philly or Portland even had the money to sign him straight up this last summer.

The rumor about AD is that NO will look to trade him this summer if they canā€™t get him to sign an extension, they donā€™t wanna lose him for nothing.

1 Like

Philly did have the room, we would have had to dump some contracts to make room.

LeBron cares about his legacy. And I think he buys in to the hype about his finals record. I think he is 3 - 6 in the finals now. Thatā€™s another big thing in the decision to move west, if he canā€™t knock off GSW then heā€™ll lose in the western conference playoffs and not have another finals loss on his record.

1 Like