Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Yes, he is, always is

Starting as a SFā€¦ then hyped up his passing ability (whoever did, himself, his agent, or media), then taking the PG role and taking away the possession time of the true PG.
After that, some ass licker hyped up his rebounding abilityā€¦ whenever there was a rebounding chance, you can see he was waving his hands to his teammates and he went for the rebound.
All these were to label him as a ā€œcompleteā€ player, a player that can play all 5 positions. All bullshit.

He just overestimate his abilities, not only his body.
There were many times that if he let go of the ball, let someone handled the situations and started the offense, the team ran smoother.
Instead, he wants the ball every fucking single time, all plays have to fucking run through him, every fucking play he has to be either the scorer, or the one to dish out the assist, or the rebounder.

Avery Bradley has nothing on the stat sheet was no fluke, because everything has to run through the ā€œkingā€. He got all the stats. I donā€™t see him spending (enough) energy on setting screens, running off ball, get in motion and pull out the defenders for his teammates. Everything he does, has to be on the stat sheet.

It is all about HIMSELF.

Explains why teams have excelled after he left eg Cleveland 2011-2014 and then Miamiā€™s improved performance after the 2011-2014 period. Surprised the Lakers managed to end 7 years out of the playoffs and win a championship with a selfish stat padder running the show.

1 Like

Again the kind of questions why this and why that.
If stacking up star players can straightly win the championship, Lakers would have won when Shaq, Kobe, Mailman and The Glove were all together.
Injuries (self and other teams) occurs, forms, matchupsā€¦ a lot of things do count.

I donā€™t really need to explain why Lebron, Wade and Bosh could win. They had three awesome starters while most of the teams had only one or two. All of them were still in prime and pretty much injury free during their championship runs.
Bostonā€™s big three were close to retirement after they won in 2008. Of course, the fucking Bynum pushed Perkins from behind and had him injured his knee in the finals of the following year just finished their hope of any championship in future.

Winning for Lakersā€¦ below stat is pretty self explanatory.
Him and AD, arguably the best PF/C in the league, combining 58 points already. Plus playoff Rondo, a hot Kuzma and Caldwell Pope, pretty much covered 90% of their scoring.
So funny when I see the number of rebounds by McGee and Howard is less than him. I can picture the reason why.

I think Lavine can make the jump, his style is primed for the playoffs, like Mitchell, Booker, Trae Young.

1 Like

I enjoyed my Sunday arvo watching a blazers bounce back 30 point win against the Suns.

BING BONG! Itā€™s time for a hot take 3 games into the seasonā€¦ :-D.

Minnesota Timberwolves > Portland Trailblazers.

ā€”ā€”ā€”

Iā€™ll reserve judgement on that for now, Dame has shot 2-24 from 3 through 3 games.

1 Like

Lol nah, Harden has been a fraud for most of his career. Made an art form of drawing fouls and shooting upwards of 10 free throws a game. Now that the rules have changed his whole way of playing is obsolete.

1 Like

Pat Bev being annoying for no damn reason. Valencinius got a tech for the push.

Love to have him as teammates, hate to face him as opponents

76ers getting slapped about by the Knicks 3 ball :rofl:

Hope the Jokic injury is just very minor.

Lakers blew a 26 point lead against OKC, thatā€™s pretty bad.

1 Like

@BigWeng_4LYFE Can this Laker team really win a chip?

Depends on how healthy they are gonna be. Whats interesting is that they donā€™t have issue scoring, their issues are on the defensive end, and our head coach is famous for being a defensive guru. So to me the issues right now are having far too much turnover in the team the last few seasons. The GM has flipped this team over twice in back to back seasons so the personnel is completely different and they are gonna have to learn the system. Go back and see what the Miami Heats record was after 20 games the first year LeBron joined. They were barely .500 with Bron/Wade/Bosh all in their primes.

So tldr is that itā€™s far too early to tell. If they are still struggling like this 30 games into the season Iā€™ll be very worried. Right now Iā€™m not that concerned.

2 Likes

Quadruple-double for Russ :clap:

Most would say Westbrook should be brought off the bench. When heā€™s on the floor, you need him to be the main ball-handler as he offers very little spacing. That doesnā€™t seem compatible with Lebronā€™s ball dominate tendencies.

3 Likes

Spacing is overrated man, we won the chip a couple years ago having bad spacing and shooting the 3 ball at a mediocre clip. We won because we played defense and killed teams in transition. If you watched that game last night we scored 72 in the first half doing that exact same thing. In the second half they dropped 66 points on us because our effort was non existent. 2nd night of a back to back on the road and no LeBron. These are excuses because it was a terrible loss but I will never buy the ā€œwe have bad spacing argumentā€, because I just saw us win the title with bad spacing. If we lose its not because of that.

1 Like

But you had shooters. KCP, Green, Kuzma, Caruso. Now it seems like their is none of that. All LeBron Championship winning teams had one thing in common: shooters. Even though they might not have been great at it.

I do agree that without McGee and Green and Howard being older itā€™s probably a little more difficult to build a strong defense.

Our team has better shooting statistically now than it did two years ago. Monk, Bazemore, Melo, all guys that shot a good percentage from 3 on 4 plus attempts per game. Also as it stands we are 8th in the league in 3 point percentage tied with Golden State :joy::joy: our offense is fine itā€™s the poor effort and lack of rotation on defense thatā€™s killing us right now.