Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Poole is so shifty.

Russ in slow-mo.

Tears in my eyes and it’s only pre-season :cry:

2021 vs 2019 :worried:

2 Likes

the upper one looks like a basketball player from the park
the lower one looks more like a professional

They might not even need Irving to win it all…took Milwaukee to seven games, would have won the series if not for Durant stepping on the line. Harden and Durant are just that good.

1 Like

Was thinking the same in terms of chemistry and locker room unity

With Patty Mills they’ve gotten their (more than) dependable back up guard anyway.

48 hours to the season commences.

Sadly I just see it as another season of jostling for 7th or 8th from a Portland perspective…

Curious to see how the Warriors do especially if Klay can return not far off what he once was.

Also looking forward to see how the young Aussie Giddey does in his rookie season at OKC.

Can the old Lakers get a chip ?

Can the Bucks and Suns back up last seasons heroics ?

Ben Simmons tanking that value I see…

EDIT:

2 Likes

Monk, Horton-Tucker, Nunn, Bazemore, Davis, Bradley off waivers. They have enough ‘young’ legs too carry them through the season. Westbrook is 32 but coming off another triple-double season. James will probably still be one of the best players in the League. They will be fine. Apart from injuries we should have a Lakers - Nets finals.

Wow, that’s crazy.

Ben should just taken the L and trained lol

1 Like

He showed up just not to get fined, has no intention of playing for the Sixers again.

Doc and Embiid hung him out to try in the pressers post Atlanta game 7, once that happens things are untenable.

2 Likes

@Aussiegooner sorry for not answering your question about the Lakers earlier.

In 2019 when they first paired LeBron and AD, I felt they’d kinda skate through the regular season and be a 3 - 5 seed. However they dominated in the regular season and the playoffs.

This year I really think it will take them a while as a team to gel. They probably won’t really look like a great team until 20 or 30 games in. So this year I do think my prediction from two years ago will come true. Maybe a 4 or 5 seed but I think they’ll make the finals when it’s all said and done.

2 Likes

I don’t think Doc did tbh. I think his answer post-playoff loss was just honest. Too honest. Some might take that as motivation but coupled with Embiid’s comments, it does look like they put the L on Simmons.

They need a lot of load management to get to the playoffs, not just W

Opening night dub for the Dubs. Steph with a triple-double. Jordan Poole doing exactly what he’s been doing in pre-season. Bjelica looking like Jokic 2.0 and with a game high +20 when on the court. Russ with a game low -23 lmao :joy:

2 Likes

Refs fucked us. Gave them 30 free throws.

Doesn’t help when you only make 9-19 FTs either.

1 Like

LaMelo is a star, kid has so much swag. Hornets are a fun team to watch

1 Like

Dame 0-9 from 3 to start the season.

Suns couldn’t buy a basket down the stretch against the Nuggets.