Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Does it really? Players can still skip games which are not ‘high-profile, nationally-televised’.

The games against Oklahoma (this season), Charlotte, Orlando, to name a few lesser teams, James or Leonard or whoever can sit out.

*For high profile nationally-televised games.

I think the NBA just honestly doesn’t like the brazenness of the thing. Holding a dood out and calling it load management, and then for example Kawhi not even traveling with the team on a road trip, really is disrespectful to the fans. If he’s really got a knee problem or inflammation then they aren’t going to punish anyone.

1 Like

One of my close friends is a Clippers season ticket holder.
He and other season ticket holders doesn’t care about load management.
They think if the resting is good for clinching the title, so be it.

But when you’re a season ticket holder you have 41 opportunities (in full seasons) to see those star players ;). Of course they don’t care hehe.

2 Likes

Yeah they never mentioned anything about home games. They are talking more about when Kawhi visits Charlotte or Orlando for the one time that year and fans want to see him, but they’ve come up with some bull shit excuse to let him rest. The NBA also seems overly concerned with the TV product considering who knows when fans will be allowed again.

Morey is posturing.

1 Like

right move to play coy but I’d Trade Ben Simmons in a heartbeat

Boston Celtics has a trade exception from Hayward, which worth about 28.5 mil.
Cs has a better chance to win it than Philly… but I don’t want Harden at Boston.

I still can’t wrap my head around the season starting in less than 2 weeks, when it’s only 8.5 weeks ago that the Lakers won the championship.

1 Like

I think Giannis would veto this. He would not want to player with Harden’s ball hogging ass.

Any Kyrie Irving fans here?

Wasn’t aware Cousins signed for Houston. On paper you’d think Harden is in a very good situation with Houston. Except both Cousins and Wall did very little over the last two seasons.

IF they find form and stay fit, are Philadelphia or Miami really a better situations? Brooklyn is because of Durant. The East also doesn’t have the LA-teams…

I think Bam and Butler are better situations than Wall and DMC.

1 Like

Not sure if that is so clear cut if Wall and Cousins can get near their old level.

Harden and Butler are both scorers essentially and Wall/Harden might simply be a better fit. The old Cousins is, offensively, everything Adebayo aspires to be / needs to develop.

Given his injury problems anyone that would take DMC over Bam at the moment is dreaming.

Durability is a massive thing in sport, way more question marks over DMC and Wall.

Butler has shown he can play make also, obviously not to Wall’s level, but he did average 10 assists per game in an NBA finals.

I did made the caveat if both can get near their old level both in play and health-wise…

Which I think is more unlikely than likely, especially with DMC being a big guy that has suffered two savage injuries.

I think that’s pretty farfetched. The list of players who have returned from these type of injuries as a top player is very short. I can’t think of any. Off the top of my head tho I can name a ton of guys who came back and were never the same. Kobe, D-Rose, Elton Brand, Rudy Gay, Brandon Jennings. All these guys could still play but were shells of their former selves.

Had to look it up, and the one guy to come back and still be dominant was Nique the Freak. Crazy tho that’s been like 30 years you’d think medicine would have improved.

It’s indeed not likely not that Cousins and Wall are going to come close to their old level. But I think Harden should out for a couple of weeks/months how this develops in stead of making sure he out of Houston. Unless he believes it will be impossible to beat the LA-teams.