Arsène Wenger

I’d love to see Arsene in the stands on occasions. Especially when the fans are back so they can sing his name.

1 Like

Pointless

Would be good to see Arsene back in the stands as a fan

1 Like

Arsene’s gone no contact with Arsenal though

Don’t worry, Arsené, about 30 of those clubs will be dead soon anyway.

1 Like

Not really a spoiler but I’ll add the tags anyway.

I wish Arsene used a ghostwriter for his autobiography. They would have pried deeper on certain topics, adding more emotional depth. Saying that, I don’t believe Wenger agrees to a book if that would have been the case.

2 Likes

Dead and Bury-ed

1 Like

Arsene is promoting the shit out of this book. Fair play.

“Look uhhh”

3 Likes

I’ve listened to at least 4 podcasts with him on. He’s doing the rounds. He tells the same stories mainly, but there are still lots of fun anecdotes. Like when Ian Wright arrived to Highbury on a skateboard and Wenger was basically thinking wtf.

2 Likes

That’s such a young Ian Wright thing to do. :rofl:
If Ian Wright was playing in this generation he would totally be a wacky footballer/celebrity. Probably end up on Love Island at some point. :rofl:

1 Like

Which ones has he been on?

2 Likes

Most have been mentioned I think. The Totally Football Show’s one was probably my favourite. BBC 5 Live did a Wenger special too, that one was alright.

1 Like

I listened to AW this morning with Alan Brazil and Ali McCoist and Arsene spoke with pride and a sense of achievement but I couldn’t help thinking ‘ why didn’t you win more , we underachieved ‘
Great 30 mins listening

1 Like

Wenger with Alan Brazil.
One of them is hard to understand and talks as is if English is their second language.
The other is Arsene Wenger.

4 Likes

Classic Englander saying you can’t understand a Scottish person :wink:

2 Likes

Arteta publicly vouched for Arsene to return and get back into the mix in his presser. Wasn’t expecting that, he pretty much confirmed the recent rumours.

I guess it’s only a matter of time. Question is, what will Arsene’s position be? Director of football? That’s the most logical option but what about Edu?

Non-executive director would be most appropriate all thing considered

I don’t expect the club or Wenger himself wanting his huge involvement in football matters

This interview :point_up_2::ok_hand:

Ornstein asks some fairly difficult questions during the interview. Well worth the 22 minute listening time.

1 Like

This is why Ornstein is the :crown:

1 Like