Arsène Wenger

That’s one of the main pluses about not having him as our manager anymore, is being able to look at these kinda moments again and have a wry smile, instead of everyone getting pissed off that he was still here lol. Still, Wenger’s had a 22 year headstart on Emery so we might get some crackers from him after a while.

I’m glad he’s enjoying his life. Seems no closer to settling on a new management role though.

5 Likes

One thing that struck me in some of those clips is how old he actually looked, never really noticed it before.
I do miss his character.

I miss nothing

2 Likes

None of these new nerds are.

The best we got now is Klopp baring his dodgy teeth and talking about heavy metal and the wind :gabriel:

No more Wenger, no more Fergie, no more Mou. Smh.

The dons of the past are gone.

4 Likes

Such a loveable human being the old Wenger. Wish him the best with whatever he wants to do now.

1 Like

You don’t love Mr. Passive-Agressive himself, Pep then?
I would love to read his thoughts during his conferences, must be some war in there.

12 Likes

Wengers press conferences were easily the best in the league.

Even the journalists would begrudgingly admit that

1 Like

“In life there are some splits that you choose and some that are imposed on you,” he said.

“In this case it was a bit of a mix of the two. Because, at a certain point, the fans need a change. In my last year it was becoming difficult.

“So it was both a break-up but also a relief for me, because carrying that responsibility for so long, with all the obligations that come with it, it wears you out.

“It’s extraordinarily difficult. And last year I felt I was beginning to pay the price health-wise.”

You could see this last season. Arsene looks much better now with all that pressure and stress relieved from him

6 Likes

:rofl:

If that is the case and he really felt that I’m happy to accept the way it ended, nothing is worth risking your health over and I don’t doubt for one minute a job like being the Arsenal manager for that amount of time must have impacted on his physical/mental health.

1 Like

I wouldnt. Always the fucking martyr. Did he mention turning down Real Madrid by any chance,:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Poor chap, looks so nervously star struck that it was never going to go right :joy:

At least he has the video I guess

2 Likes

Haha that would be me if I ever come across Wenger.

2 Likes

would you wanna be doing something to his face too? :henry2:

2 Likes

Cute

2 Likes

What would Sam Allardyce bring to the table?

Northern slags and pot noodle

14 Likes

Pint of gravy aswell

1 Like

Smh now im thinking, ‘what if’

Oh yeah, Mustafi would still be a first grade PUDHA.

We don’t deserve Carlo. Fair

1 Like