Arsène Wenger

I think he knows he has gone as far as he can and his recent transfers of only buying experienced players, rather than his usual younger, potentially good players, has proved this.

The players can see a manager who no longer has the desire he used to have and that is reflected in some of the dismal performances this season, with some of our players looking like they are just collecting their wages while playing in the comfort zone.

Although a lot of supporters are laughing at Sanchez because of his poor start at Man U, that won’t continue, and he never played in the comfort zone, and that’s the main reason he wanted out, because he was fed up with being surrounded and managed, by players and a manager who’s complacency was obvious.

I would rather have a team of players with Sanchez attitude than some of the overpaid, under performing, mentally weak, ones we have in our squad.

If we lose badly against Man City tomorrow, followed by another uninspiring performance against Brighton, I’m sure it will be the worst run of games, in the worst season we have had, under Wenger.

As @Great-White-Gooner says, anyone who thinks he deserves yet another season after this, can’t be an Arsenal supporter.

2 Likes

Wenger stayed here because he knew where his bread was buttered.

No pressure and total autonomy for years and years , it’s paradise for someone like him. Going to another club would be the great unknown and quite honestly he likely wouldn’t have been able to hack it.

4 Likes

He stayed because he benefitted massively from it. And I don’t mean just financially. He had basically his dream job so if he thinks we should be grateful then I think he’s deluded.

The question will be continually asked until he is no longer manager of Arsenal.

7 Likes

More ott, overreaction. Not exactly sure what he meant by his comments. And neither are any of you, because he didn’t clarify on the matter. So it’s all assumptions at this point. However the man eats, sleeps, and breathes football. It’s his life. It’s fucked up his personal life it seems as well. All in an attempt to make Arsenal a successful club. And guess what, largely due to him we are one of the buggest clubs in the world now. So does he deserve to be called names and treated with disrespect by little cretins who don’t have a clue what it’s like to sacrifice their life to something? He has every right to defend himself.

2 Likes

I hate Donald Stern, cunt.

Is it not David??

1 Like

Yes lol that’s right, he looks like a Donald tbh tho. Stupid cunt, single handedly ruined the Lakers franchise for at least 5 years.

1 Like

Agreed. He is in the Arsene Wenger bracket.

Why should he be? A man that has won all that silverware for the club you profess to support, and you hate him? Sounds a little ungrateful to me.

This is all true, but he gets 8m a season for doing it and he can stop whenever he wants.
No one is forcing him to do it.

Some supporters are the same as Wenger and are also obsessed with football but they actually pay to do it.

1 Like

Pay me 8mil a year I promise more silverware for the club you profess to support than you have ever imagined.

Don’t try and make him out to be a martyr, he’s bloody on £8mil a year.

He’s being paid very handsomely to “fuck up his personal life”. And I’m not sure what all the stuff about being obsessed with football has to do with it, he’s been under performing for years and all his teams have had the same football issues and mental fragility for well over a decade which is criminal at this level.

Sure he can attempt to defend himself but in this case it comes off as feeble and the words of a man who is unequivocally out of touch with the game he supposedly loves so much.

Don’t you get tired of playing devil’s advocate?

4 Likes

We have been knowing it for years, but hopefully he has finally realized it himself.

1 Like

Yea, you’re right. It’s basically impossible to read between the lines of what he is saying there. Maybe he’s just providing some information in case we were all interested.

Isn’t it amazing that last season he admitted after the fact that speculation over his future had caused a problem, but now that he’s bang in the middle of it again it isn’t a big deal?

It’s pathetic really

11 Likes

Sounds good to me, what are your qualifications?

What a fucking mess we are in .

1 Like

Exactly.
But at least we know it’s not Wenger’s fault, because nothing ever is, and that must be true, because he told us.

4 Likes

He turned down the job of president of the whole world for us so cut him some slack, alright?

7 Likes