Arsène Wenger

Did you expect anything different?

Nevertheless it would still be the first time he hasn’t seen out the full length of a contract.

Only if you discount the time he was sacked…which is incidentally the reason about 90% of managers don’t see out their contracts.

I’ve always thought it was an overblown sentiment about Wenger anyway. He’s always been in the job he wanted to be in anyway.

1 Like

Well 10% do switch clubs and I am sure Wenger had plenty of offers to move away from Arsenal as well.

It is not overblown sentiment. It’s loyalty towards Arsenal and a general principle he has which is quite admirable.

I can name managers who have walked out for less.

Like I say, he had the job he wanted. No reason for him to leave. If those other jobs had been more enticing he would have gone and not stayed out of blind loyalty.

1 Like

I don’t know what is more enticing in footballing world than getting to manage Real & Bayern.

Obviously, to Arsene Wenger, what he had at Arsenal was more enticing.

Yes chump change and ungrateful & disrespectful fans. Sure

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Of course. Imagine being called Arsene and not managing Arsenal.

1 Like

I see you agree with the fans part. :slight_smile:

The what? I stopped reading.

yeah right
some mod you are

I’m no Mysty, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Where the heck is he?

If I had a pound for everytime someone asked this question…

You would have 17pounds?

Why would Wenger leave a job at Arsenal where he is so well paid with no pressure to win at all ? Yeah he could have taken a job like Real Madrid but ultimately would have been given the arse within a 3 year period.

Hey, that would get me almost 2 drinks in London. That’s a lot of money!

2 Likes

With tons of trophies & CL thrown in to complete his set.