Arsène Wenger

Hold on i thought we were getting ancelotti

Hasn’t been club manager for over 10 years, didn’t have that great of a club manager career, had his biggest success on club level while managing in Austria, has been a bit inconsistent managing Germany, has his favorite players (just as Wenger), is weird and is insanely boring to listen to outside of the tactical stuff.

I’d say it’s mostly the huge amount of question marks that would make him a, well… ““interesting”” choice but far from my favored pick.

Scolari was one of the top coaches around with great international success. That didn’t translate to club football at all, so I’d be skeptical.

I still want Allegri. Pretty sure we’d get him too considering he’s on half the salary Wenger is right now.

And will people’s opinions be the same if he becomes the first manager to win back to back World Cups?

https://twitter.com/moleyfootball/status/959027767303131136

@Electrifying

Lol we’ll see if his streak continues but Moley was wildly accurate in January, it was a fun follow :joy:

5 Likes

The success is not the concern.
It’s the man management side of being a club manager that is an issue.

When you are national team coach, the players are at your mercy. There is no wage concern, no squad number restriction. It is really quite easy going on that front.

While at club level, players have a comparatively bigger say. If you have a disgruntled/injured/out of form player, you can’t just send him back home & call a replacement. You have to improvise when shit goes down.
Then you need to deal with the fact that you can’t get anyone you like. Wenger wanted Mkhitaryan but he couldn’t the first time. Conte wanted Lukaku, he couldn’t; and so on.
Does he have any clue how good he is with knowing the players he wants & conveying it to Sven?

Then the frequency of games comes with lack of time to prepare the tactics. We don’t know if he is tactically flexible to modify his strategy when he comes up against rich opponents and many such concerns.

1 Like

If Wenger goes at the end of the season, then I might just believe this guy has legit sources.

The Manolas madness was very interesting. He broke the info that Ornstein then confirmed later on.

3 Likes

His pinned tweet was about Auba becoming an Arsenal player on January 18th, it pretty much played out as he had said all along. Auba would be an Arsenal player but it would drag on due to several factors. Shit came true, I’m a believer :grin:

A whole 2 weeks after DiMarzio called it, he’s fast

I’m also thinking that perhaps Löw isn’t the right appointment. I guess the initial reaction is “yes, Wenger is going”. But really we want a forward thinking manager. Löw’s appointment would feel rather regressive. Similar reasons to why I don’t much fancy Ancelotti either.

Though granted, Ancelotti’s club managerial career is a lot more impressive than Löw’s. He hasn’t managed a big club and he barely stayed anywhere for much longer than a year.

Yeah good point you’ve convinced me only one person in the world at a time can have information on a transfer.

Or 1 person and his mole, who tweets the well known info 2 weeks after everyone already knows.

1 Like

Fake news :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

Sorry @Electrifying , not buying this.

You’re actually such a jabroni

3 Likes

My money is definitely on Wenger leaving this summer :wink:

3 Likes

Jogi, no!!!

I think now is Kroos’ team

Like Auba and Mkhi?

Uhh well the guy was spot on. Risked his reputation saying Auba was an Arsenal player two weeks before the announcement. It’s obvious he has some sort of insight.

1 Like

Wenger, as Ozil signed the extension please do a better job right now.

Winning or not, with Ozil, Auba, Laca and Miki, we should be able to play some attractive football.

1 Like