Arsenal Women

Devastating.

What a nightmare season.

Fuck off…another one?!

these cant be a coincidence there are far too many. They training dodgy or something?

Good piece with Tim Stillman on today’s Arsecast around this. Obviously he isn’t definitive about it but there are so many more high intensity matches in now that it’s surely part of it.

3 of our core players in the same season and not the only club facing these major injuries.

Something is wrong and it’s wider than arsenal training.

I haven’t looked into for a while it but aren’t ACL injuries are usually due to overuse?

Fucking hell taking inspiration from Ramsdale the thee defence. 2-0 down and not looking great

Season’s fallen apart, not sure Eidevall will survive but he may point to the injuries and get another chance.

FA Cup beating Chelsea helps as well, losing to big teams was the problem for a while.

Harsh assessment. Won a cup against the odds and reached CL semis for first time in ages. Been a season of progression I’d say.

He signed a new contract in November I think. Not going anywhere.

Did he? Never saw that but saw a lot of rumours before and I’m sure even after that about him being replaced. I had forgotten about the cup which does make a big difference given the opposition.

I don’t necessarily think he should go, it was more based on seeing those rumours and the way the season has ended I wasn’t sure he’d get the chance to stick around.

Such a shame as we had the squad this year to win a treble but in the last week faltered in the main two. Without the injuries I think we would’ve won the league.

Not out of this tie yet.

It was actually last May, same time as Arteta so I got confused with the date. But he has another year. No reason not to let him have it and it really wouldn’t be very Arsenal like to dump a manager like this.

Nah hope we can get a goal and leave with 2-1 at least, will give us some hope at home.

Be nice to see if we can build on it next season with Mead and Miedema back.

RAFA!!!

2 Likes

YESSSS

STINAAAAAA

Get in! Even though my YouTube stream fucked it and I missed the goal! :smiley:

1 Like

Fantastic result.

Hope it’s a sell-out for the 2nd leg at home.

46,000 sold so far

2 Likes

Good result away from home.

To be missing three of their best players with long term injuries to have won a League cup and be in a shout for a potential CL final spot is pretty impressive.

League season wasn’t overly great to be honest but he did lose two of his world class players mid way through and to be fair they did go out to City in FA Cup.

A potential CL Final and hopefully a win agaisnt the odds and a League Cup would be a massively successful season.

Just seen united women came back from 2-1 down last night and won in 93rd min ffs