Arsenal Vs Tottenham (Carabao Cup Quarter Final)

Looking forward to beating the scum!!! This time I’m not airborne, but at home with a cold beer, TV to myself and my comfortable green football watching chair.

ROLL ON THE GAME.

6 Likes

I on the other hand would be flying back home, expecting a 3 nil victory highlights video at arrival. #COYG

1 Like

I’ve got a sneaky feeling those filthy bastards will go through on penalties. I hope I’m wrong but with the way they cheat there’s no telling what’ll happen especially if that cheating Alli plays .
Filthy horrible team .
Come on you Goooooooners
Prove me wrong and Christmas celebrations can start early !

2 Likes

Dribbling the Spuds twice in the same month would be a better achievement than any unbeaten run.

7 Likes

:smiley:

Welcome to OA!

1 Like

i like my spuds grilled, boiled or mashed. COYG !

2 Likes

Nah, roast spuds are quite obviously the best!

1 Like

I’d have thought you’d have prefered Mr Big Spuds the best.

:wenger2:

4 Likes

I really don’t want to get through in this competition, but no way do I want them beating us either :unai:

This is a difficult match to consider for Emery, it’s a Catch-22

No offence but what’s your rationale for not wanting Arsenal to get through a cup match when we’re down to the quarter final stage? Regardless of who the opposition is

Not one I can understand, altho I’d share your logic at earlier rounds of the competition, eg 3rd 4th

Not on the fucking TV here. 2-0 to The Arsenal.

Second place :henry2: Roast potatoes will always be number 1.

2 Likes

Because it isn’t a competition that I care much about and I don’t think we can win with City in it still anyway.

We have a January full of fixtures from more important competitions, and the fact that we have so many Europa rounds (hopefully) still to play means I’d rather not have to deal with those semi-finals at the time.

I get your point that once we’re this far we should just go for it, but I think we could be in trouble with all of those matches piling up. I still in my heart want us to win today because of who we’re up against.

We aren’t winning leagues for a while so I want us to attempt at trying to win every cup.

Would be great to start Unai’s Arsenal career with a cup win

2 Likes

Would be very difficult vs Man City over 2 legs semi final or in another Wembley showdown (I was at that game and it was one-sided throughout), but the point is we should put ourselves in that position to test how a more settled Emery side (minus the defence) can handle it against the best team

1 Like

There’s always a chance that City wouldn’t take it as seriously because they already won last season and have much bigger fish to fry, but Pep doesn’t exactly want to lose any match he ever manages. It would be very tough to win it but I’d be thrilled for Emery. Chelsea are also in it still, so it’s not an easy path.

We need to bring in a CB of quality in January, and if we were to get through today we’d hopefully tighten things up a bit at the back and maybe have a shot at it.

Like I said, if we win today I’ll still be happy, but I don’t think it’s a disaster if we are out and can focus our attention elsewhere.

Yeah, I saw Tim Stillman from Arseblog shared this view. He said that he thought the best result for us in the long run would be for us to lose to Spurs on penalties. That way, we don’t have a two-legged semi final to contend with in January and if we only lose on penalties, Spurs won’t have as many bragging rights.

He got absolute pelters for saying that, lol. He had to keep reiterating that he doesn’t want us to lose, just that it might be for the best.

I do see where he (and yourself) are coming from to be honest. And obviously games which will have an impact on us getting back into the CL should take priority, but really for a big club like ours it shouldn’t have to be either/or.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be, but our squad is very thin in areas in which we are already deficient right now, so that’s why I’m so cautious about any fixture congestion.

We should have a second-ish string squad capable of competing with the other so-called ‘Big 6’ second string squads, or thereabouts, but perhaps the defensive injury crisis has put paid to that.

Either way it’s unfortunate for Emery that’s he’s drawn Tottenham but he just has to win the game. Unleash lambs like Medley, Saka etc.to the Etihad slaughter later if needs be.

He built up enough good will from me after the league match, in which I thought his decisions were the primary reason we won that derby.

I think most Arsenal fans will demand that we win today also and I can’t blame them, but for me, if we go out with a slightly weakened squad and putting up a good fight, I’ll be okay after I sleep on it knowing that it could help in the long-term.