Arsenal vs Stanley Matthews F.C (League Cup)

Wednesday 31st October 2018
League Cup 4th Round
Emirates Stadium
KO 19:45

Game is tomorrow evening and no one appears to give much of a crap about this fixture :sweat_smile: Been a while since I created a Match day thread.

Field the youths with some experience thrown in. Just get the job done and then focus for the big game on Saturday. 3-1 victory to the Arsenal.

• Arsenal win
  • Blackpool win

0 voters

Arsenal to win.

Karl Oyston is a cunt.

4 Likes

Stanley Mathews FC? haha

Don’t really care about this game. Dont play any first team players Unai!!!

1 Like

Yup. Not as big a one as his dad Owen though. :nauseated_face:

Well we practically never play Blackpool and considering no one’s really all that fussed about this game, I figured let’s pay homage to a Football legend and Blackpool’s greatest player :kos2:

3 Likes

We’ll make a bunch of changes but still progress to the Quarter Finals.

Destroy them. I am still full of rage for sunday’s game :hipster:

Expect Martinez in goal and maybe Eddie upfront.

I don’t think we’ll see a team that is massively inexperienced. Our U21s played last night – so anyone involved in that is unlikely to be involved tonight.

The pictures from first team training yesterday show only Emile Smith Rowe, Joe Willock, Pleguezuelo and Nketiah from the youth setup.

Mainland Niles and Kola are back training so maybe we’ll see an actual left back at left back. Blackpool have the left back we gave away in the summer. Marc Bola masterclass incoming :laughing:

1 Like

No Martinez? Strange.

Why would Martinez play haha. He’s the third choice. Cech currently is the second choice so will play in the cups

But it’s the fucking League Cup.

We’ve never played our third choice tho Luca why would we now.

Did we even have one last season?

Matt Macey. He played twice last season so we do sometimes play our third choice. But we won’t tonight.

2 Likes

Giving it’s Blackpool, it could have been a nice chance for Martinez. Don’t think he would have been busy :slight_smile:

Can we all, just for a moment, pay a little homage to the blossoming music scene in this sunny part of the world please?

Have a lovely day all.

Actually he is busy, he has a cross stitch for beginners class tonight

1 Like

Be happy too see a Europa level side out there tonight. Better to have a game than just train. Try a few options on set plays and free kicks. Just get the job done and win.

The last time we played them at The Emirates we won 6-0 and i was there.