Arsenal Vs Standard Liege (UEL)

I thought Tierney had a set back?

According to the Scottish sunā€¦

Only setback was making sure he doesnā€™t play for the tinpot Scottish NT

2 Likes

The Sun in making stuff up shocker!

1 Like

Easy win but no clean sheet if any of Xhaka, Mustafi and Luiz are playing.
Iā€™ll go 4-1, Saka, Luiz, Holding and Nelson to score.

:bellerin:

How many FPL points for Auba?

Iā€™m asking for a friend :santi:

Probably none mate since this is the Europa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:joy:

whereā€™s my head

@Stroller @InvincibleDB10 remember when we beat these 3-0 in a first leg of a CWC cup game in 94? One goal came off Wrightyā€™s ear lol.

We smashed em 0-7 in Belgium (or was it 1-7? Canā€™t remember if they scored one)

1 Like

Yeah 7 0. Selley and Mcgoldrick getting one each.

1 Like

If his hamstring is connected to his head that would explain a lot.

2 Likes

Bellerin isnā€™t ready for the Prem yet so Iā€™m sure heā€™ll play here, but Iā€™d much rather see Tierney on Sunday and Kola in this match. Iā€™m sure we wonā€™t yet.

Typical Georgie Graham. Donā€™t sacrifice the clean sheet at all costs

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing Martinelli again. Saka and Nelson too, but mainly the Brazilian.

7 Likes

I donā€™t know about you guys but Iā€™m getting fuck off with keep hearing about the injuries to certain players.
Is it only football that allows players twice as long as anyone else to come back. How long as Holding been out ā€¦forever and that goes for Bellerin. Are we ever to see Tierney? Everyone we get close something else pops up.
Just ranting !!!

1 Like

I remember winning 10-0 on aggregate, then went on to get to the final and win against a very good Parma team in a typical Arsenal way under Graham.

2 Likes

We had some quality games en route to the final. I didnā€™t think weā€™d get past Torino but we did (ITV showed 2 football games that night- our away leg against Torino and Sheff Wed v Man Utd in the Coca Cola Cup first leg). After that, we got PSG with Rai (who was big news back then) and we beat them, too!

The 95 run had even better games I thought. Auxerre away (Seamanā€™s best performance for Arsenal ever in my mind), Sampdoria away (our best ever European game in my lifetime) and if it hadnā€™t been for our arrogance in the final, we should have been holders 2 years in a row

1 Like

Thought Stefan Schwartz was great against Sampdoria in the away game. Iā€™d of liked to have kept him and think that game proved how good he could of been.

1 Like

Martinelli
Bellerin Mustafi Holding Tierney
Torreira Willock Guendouzi
Pepe Auba Saka

Fuck, thatā€™s a progressive keeper choice!

6 Likes

Bellerin is the captain.