Arsenal vs Sporting (EL) Out

True. They showed him on the bench having a giggle with Jesus at one point. Couldn’t have been too bad. We can survive one match without him but not six or seven.

Embarrassing really. Especially that 2nd leg.

Arteta still looks like he’s not got the hang of European football. We just not a team that can rest our first team, we needed to go strong in first leg and get the job done.

In the summer we badly need some signings to compete with Odegaard, Partey, Jesus, Xhaka and even Ramsdale. Cause the drop off from those players is a big drop.

Our home form is getting worrying. Away we’re great but at home our performances have been weak in recent times.

Fingers crossed for Sunday, you can just see Palace pulling off some kind of result if we play like tonight.

1 Like

Embarrassing. Ramsdale has to take the brunt of the blame but the team stepped up too late as well. Europa all these years and never winning it is poor.

6 Likes

Gonna be some real tired legs on Sunday around the 60th minute.

I’m also a little concerned about Martinelli. Not easy rebounding from that.

Questions need to be asked about Arteta’s form in Europe. It doesn’t fill me with hope how poor we play even this season in the EL.

I like Ramsdale, I still like to see Arteta bring in some serious competition for him somewhere down the line. He loses himself at points in games, look at Sunday for example giving away the ball cheaply and that’s not the first time he’s done it in recent times. He was poor tonight at saving their peno’s.

Injury too for Saliba isn’t going to help but to be fair Holding was one of the bright sparks tonight. Some of those players are definitely going to be shattered.

He’ll get an early goal Sunday and be fine

Not sure I even remotely agree with this. There were a lot of players who were fucking useless tonight. In fact the save Ramsdale made after the goal showed more heart than essentially our entire outfield 10 combined.

Penalties are a coin flip but the onus is always on the penalty taker.

1 Like

Disappointed but I’ll get over it.

All eyes and focus on the league now.

Lets make history :red_circle::red_circle:

3 Likes

Would rather win 1 Prem than 10 Europa Leagues. Wont loose sleep tonight. Slam Palace and its happy days.

5 Likes

Aside from the Saliba injury, I don’t see how there can be any argument that being out of this competition doesn’t increase our chances of winning the league. For the most part we’re going to have one match a week now, not have to travel and do the Thursday to Sunday schedule and there will naturally be way less chances for us to pick up killer injuries moving forward.

Not that I wanted us to lose, but in a season where we still have such a huge chance now to win this league, I can’t be too beaten up about the fact that we are out of this early. If we don’t have a big enough squad to compete on multiple fronts, it’s way better than we can forget about this and focus on the much bigger prize on the table now.

4 Likes

Obviously no one would say this before the game but getting rid of the Thursday, Sunday rota should be a massive help

3 Likes

I would have said it but you get killed for saying it before we actually lose, I’ll say it now though. It is 100% going to benefit our title push.

3 Likes

It’s not the result it’s the manner of defeat. All the way to penalties with a game on Sunday isn’t ideal. Would much rather have them turned in this shitsandwich of a performance and get knocked out in 90.

1 Like

If we go on to win the league sure. If we don’t and not coming out winning something for a strong season would be a disappointment.

For sure, but I’d also rather this happen then us going all the way to the semis or the final and not winning it anyway and straining ourselves with a small squad while we’re pursuing a title. Obviously this is all hypothetical but if we can just get through this coming Sunday and grab 3 points then we’re looking really good moving forward. Sunday is huge.

1 Like

Match showed we aren’t capable of truly competing for both trophies simultaneously.

Disappointed to go out but maybe for the best.

1 Like

Unless you are mystic meg, and you can see the future then sure come the end of season and we’re PL champs then you are right. If we don’t and blow the league title, it won’t be much of a benefit especially not coming out of the season with some silverware for our season. No one remembers 2nd place or if you got CL football.

Does this game make the Palace game harder though after this defeat.
I would say it’s made it much harder right now.

I can’t see the future, but it’s a simple question; does going out of this now give us a better shot at winning the title? It’s hard to argue that it doesn’t, in fact I don’t know what argument you would possibly make to say that it won’t.