Arsenal Vs Sheffield United (PL)

If no Aouar then I’ll take Jorgino on loan :man_shrugging:.

Or re-integrate Ozil into the team.

Either way it’s glaringly obvious we need some creativity. I’d even put Dani at the #10 role.

2 Likes

60 minutes of struggle but largely unbothered by SHU attack (basically run OB around and hope for calamitous mistake by us).

Then a very, very nice AFC goal and a sweet left by Pepe to seemingly wrap it up… and then we let them back in it… and McGoldrick had a swing late…

Hard to watch but these are the games that decide if we make top 4 or not. Have to be a squirrel and collect those 3 point nuts at every chance.

1 Like

Bar Liverpool no one will be able to enjoy shit. This is the Premier League the best fekin league in the world COYG

We really do need a creative player who can pick a pass quickly, both Auba and Pepe need the ball played to them as quickly as possible. Ceballos was excellent today but he was slow releasing the ball. After we went 2 goals up there was 4/5 occasions were a ball over the top or down the line could of put us through on goal. He’s not the only one either Bellerin, Saka etc… also don’t always release the ball quick enough.

We’re defending well now and distributing well to the midfield players but then we got a block and a lot of our plays start to slow down and instead of an attacking pass, it becomes a side ways pass until the opposition team recovers and we are back to poking and probing around their box.

This is true but I thought we actually moved through midfield either through pass or progression faster than normal… it really was a gigantic block of defenders at all times that made this tricky.

That one time pass by Ceb to Auba who just couldn’t quite latch onto it and a few other moment like that are the ticket to unlocking this sort of defense. In the first goal, it was the late run by El Neny that helped destabilize the defense and then a sublime cross by Bellerin and finish by Saka that completed the move.

The key is faster pace, incisiveness of pass and move, and those few moments of quality… not seeing nearly enough of it, including today… but today I felt we were grinding inexorably towards victory whereas in other games we lacked any sort of control.

1 Like

Yes i do, i was concerned but they evaporated when i took into account we mostly play 5 at the back and defensive. if we were on the front foot it would be a different story

As I said no way we are losing but Arteta once again can’t get out of his own way with the tactics. He’s lining up to play small dick at home against the worst team in the league. It’s really shocking and beyond pathetic.

Pro’s he FINALLY dropped Xhaka and as u can see there wasn’t one fucking bit of difference made, in fact we were dominating the match and had way more shots/shots on goal up until around the 80th minute. He FINALLY moved Auba central and put a couple actual wingers on the pitch. And he FINALLY went to a back 4. And wow look what happened we actually looked half way decent in attack.

Cons: This dood can’t help himself he needs to fucking get his ego in check and make the proper calls personnel wise. Get Özil back, get Guendo back in midfield because he’s far superior to Xhaknene. Stop fucking around with the 343 we were complete limp dicks until the changes made at half.

Arteta has had more bad than good so far in his reign and I like the guy, but he’s got an awful lot to learn about being a manager. He’s really green and inexperienced and it shows with how poorly he’s done with some of our guys, tanking Pepe and Guendo’s value by playing shitty ass football or just making them look bad in general. He’s starting to do the same with Saliba too. Anyways I have hope for him as long as he learns from his mistakes.

2 Likes

And just to add, I hope he learned something today. We’ve been baying for blood for Arteta to put a proper team out. He didn’t and we were shit against the worst team in the league for 45 minutes. He finally did the right thing and we scored two goals and throughly outplayed them for 35 minutes. Then he brought Xhaka on and it all went to shit. Learn from this Mikel, I’ll be right back to slandering the fuck out of this moron if he goes back to his old tricks next match.

4 Likes

Yes mate very recently I have, I’m not the only one though. Right now Saka isn’t playing in the front three so we can even get Willian in if Saka is playing the 8/10.

This is the benefit switching to 4-3-3 in this type of game has, more flair and more attacking options.

Following has creativity and individual skill in it

Ceballos-Xhaka-Saka

Willian——Auba——-Pepe

1 Like

Maguire is a banter defender. Fucking huge head looking like a video game cheat code character :rofl: :rofl:

Btw, Auba plays in the middle and both our goals were scored by non-Auba players i.e. we got others on the scoreboard (a huge issue for us last season).

Makes you think.

2 Likes

I’m glad you’ve seen the light.

No more of this nonsense ok?

Thanks

Take the W you persistent bastard

1 Like

Right now is why winning the games you’re supposed to win is the most important thing and why this result is fantastic although expected. Year after year our rivals would drop points only for us to draw to a bunch of eggs.

Buzzing

1 Like
5 Likes

Don’t know how true that is, but for now I’ll take it.

1 Like

We beat Sheffield on xG as well. 0.5 - 0.2 :arteta:

1 Like

Undisputed king of centrality at it again.

2 Likes

Baby steps I guess but we all knew when we did what needed to be done we’d finally see some competent attacking play. I assume because Xhaka wasn’t there giving up so much possession we didn’t allow such a high xG to our opponents as we usually do.