Arsenal vs PSV (EL) 1-0

Hoping this goes ahead as I have tickets, can’t help but think it will be played behind closed doors :frowning:

Trust me you Will go. Otherwise im gonna explode.

This means you can’t.

Postponed apparently.

So that’s three of our games postponed.

1 Like

Pathetic

1 Like

Damn our scedule will be insane when this is over…

Starting to look more and more like a gigantic fuckup to postpone the games over the weekend. Really poor considering every other sport went ahead as usual just fine.

1 Like

Not sure we’ll have anywhere to fit this in before the round of 32 draw, a forfeit could well be on the cards.

I think personally because English clubs are gonna have a huge fixture pile up the England team should forego the world cup in respect for the queen and either Ireland or Italy should take their place.

5 Likes

Do we even have a spare week between now and the world cup? Assuming we stay in the LC I struggle to see how this we get one in

1 Like

Tbh I’m losing some interest in the season, just doesn’t feel like a proper campaign when we’re gonna have a month break in September followed by a 6 week break middle of November to just shy of New Years.

That’s why I can see PSV being awarded the 3 points when all is said and done, this really shouldn’t be PSV’s problem.

3 Likes

I’m not against police resources going where they’re more needed if they’re genuinely needed elsewhere. I’d hate for something significant to be genuinely underpoliced for football to go ahead, I’m just sceptical that you can’t spare the officers that would normally do this and were I would imagine already prepared to do this, especially when it’s a Thursday night game kicking off at 8pm.

Emergency loan some Herts and Surrey officers to do the crowd control stuff for a few hours, send Arsenal the overtime bill.

I guess at the end of the day someone’s neck will be on the line if policing the royal event goes wrong, so pissing off some Arsenal and PSV fans is probably the easiest sacrifice to make if you wanted to be risk averse.

It’s not Arsenal’s problem either

1 Like

Not sure how feasible it was but surely we could’ve just played it behind closed doors. The club would obviously lose money but that seems to make the most sense

3 Likes

Ultimately we’re the ones that aren’t able to host the game. So if a replacement slot can’t be found then we should be the ones to suffer.

1 Like

We are though, it’s the police or the pl deciding we can’t play

Exactly, should be this. There’s no room to postpone the game to a later date so refund the PSV fans tickets, Arsenal and PSV can work together to refund any travel costs as a gesture (they should but don’t have to) and get the game done.

We lose our ‘‘home advantage’’ and PSV fans lose an away trip. How many coppers can it take to protect an empty stadium?

1 Like

Take the 0-3 loss and still win the group with 5 wins and plenty of rest imo :arteta2:

3 Likes