Arsenal vs PSV (EL) 1-0

This shit is ridiculous. There are literally no open midweeks before the WC break. We should play behind closed doors if necessary.

I just hope they don’t propose something really fucked like us playing Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday at some point in October.

3 Likes

After spending the day in one of TFL’s control centre’s today, I can see this potentially getting cancelled. The amount planning going on over the next 8-9 days is monumental.

2 Likes

Did they only figure out after she died they’d have to try manage sports events too? How long was the operation London bridge in the works?

3 Likes

I keep wondering this. The Queen was no spring chicken. My place of work had plans for her death, yet some of the bigger organisations don’t seem to. Don’t just mean tfl here; but more the Premier League and the like, having to have meetings to decide whether to play or not - how has that never been discussed before?!

4 Likes

I think we need to organise something be it

A. Behind closed doors
B. Play it up North
C. Ask to play the away game first.

If we don’t play i can see it winding up with us having to forfeit ala Spurs vs that Dutch team last year or whatever. Don’t really see any free spots in the calendar we can make up the game before the knockouts.

1 Like

A. Loss which clubs would be unwilling to afford
B. Fans have to bear the additional travel & accommodation cost. The host stadium will take the chunk of the profit.
C. Organizing the switch of stadium in 5 or so days is a big task plus all the travel & accommodation loss for PSV fans.

I completely see this game being postponed at the expense of PSV fans.

And Arsenal fans.

a) would be the best option given the circumstances and schedule. Either way PSV fans lose out unless it goes ahead as originally planned.

I would take no fans in stadium. We gonna smash em anyway.

Big clubs take the piss when it comes to the bill for policing costs. Arsenal should eat this one.

The gate receipt for either club is irrelevant really, it’s just one game

1 Like

Any more news on this tie?

1 Like

It Will go ahead because I say so

2 Likes

Let them swap the fixtures so we play this is the Netherlands.
As for Brentford away, surely it won’t be cancelled, it’s away, it’s in Denmark :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Brenford cant be cancelled. You would only need 10 police officers. The funeral is the day after Ffs.

Don’t PL clubs stump up a lot of the cost of policing home fixtures?

London is massive and the Emirates is nowhere near the Palace of Westminster.

Every police officer in the city is required to go and guard queues of people looking at the queen’s coffin and other busy spots on a Thursday night?

Seems like overkill to cancel this for that at first glance.

1 Like
1 Like

Doesn’t bode well for next weekend’s games then.

What wallies they were to cancel this weekend’s games.

9 Likes

Exactly, it’s not like there is a history of violence or people rioting while paying their respect to a member of the royal family.

The authorities have misread this situation and have treated football differently than almost every other section of society.

It does seems like an excessive amount of workload on police.
It’s just football. It can wait

1 Like

Fek off

Just swap the fixtures