Arsenal vs. Manchester City (Premier League)

Not far, London (lol). Foot-Golf, Man vs Food, pub-crawl. Hopefully be too busy/wasted to even remember this is on.

wbu m8?

1 Like

Think heā€™s off to Prague :eyes:

There will be goals in this.
Iā€™m going for 2-2, or maybe more.

If we lose this and then the following game at home to West Ham I canā€™t see Wenger having any opportunity to say he will sign a new contract.

If we win both then, if he genuinely has any intention of staying, he will have to announce it then.

Man U, Liverpool, spurs, Man City and even Everton are all contenders with us, and we canā€™t rely on all those teams dropping more points than us.

I donā€™t think weā€™ll be lower than fifth but if we lose against Man City, then fourth place looks out of our reach.

1 Like

Weā€™re going to Athens Friday to Monday haha

Weā€™re trying to get tickets to the AEK Athens - Panathanaikos game on the Sunday.

2 Likes

Only one outcome looks likely which is a City win. I canā€™t see where our next win is coming from TBH.

Donā€™t know why the fuck I thought it was Prague lol. A greek football game would be something.

1 Like

Youā€™re thinking of me there lol

1 Like

My apologies to you both lol

Games almost a sideshow to Wenger contract issue. This brings the atmosphere as the key issue to the match for me.
Think it will be muted and if we go behind will get septic.
This in turn will have sections of the club blaming the fans for the loss.
3 1 city. Case for the prosecution to become stronger but case get dismissed for another week.

1 Like

Make sure to bring some flares bud.

And maybe a knife

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been to a Greek first division match about twenty years ago, and this is good advice.

Also you might want to take something to throw at any player taking a corner or throw in as well.
Everyone else seems to :grinning:

A bit worried that weā€™re going to win this one and lose the cup game, rather than the other way round which I would settle for right now.

2 Likes

Any team news?

Letā€™s hope Ozil doesnā€™t get ā€œsickā€ on the weekend :xhaka:

Post international break doldrums for us Iā€™m afraidā€¦ weā€™ll get a another proper thrashing.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3092360/mikel-artetas-return-to-the-emirates-a-harsh-reminder-of-what-arsenal-lack-in-leadership

Great article on Arteta ahead of his Emirates return.

For me one of his best Emirates era signings.

I honestly donā€™t agree with that article at all. Maybe heā€™s right in some parts, leader of the pitch etc, but itā€™s written like Arteta was one of the best things ever in an Arsenal shirt. And was immensely successful. What did I miss?

1 Like

Remember that time when Arteta was bought to replace Fabregas? :iwobi::santi2::gunnersaurus::mustafi::henry2:

Obligatory post of ARTETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

3 Likes

That article seems to say that Arteta was a good signing based on the fact that when he joined us we were a complete mess ā€“ our best players (Nasri and Fabregas) had left and weā€™d just lost 8-2 to Man United ā€“ and he apparently came in and ā€œsorted us outā€. I guess there is some truth in that, but at the same time, from that situation the only way was up. I donā€™t want to dismiss Artetaā€™s influence, it sounds similar to what people claim Mertesacker currently does for the team, but if iā€™m asked what Arsenal are currently missing, he isnā€™t one of the first things that comes to mind.

3 Likes