Arsenal vs Man Utd (PL) 3-2

Lmao, just clocked EtH will have to sacrifice one flank on Sunday:

Fernandes will start the on the one he wants to protect the most. The other will have either Rashford or Antony, lol.

I think originally he was taking him off for Fred. After the booking there was no point so he took Eriksen off to protect the 1-0.

Worked wellā€¦

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t watching, but yea I agree. I think Iā€™m right in saying we have no players who picked up the 5 yet? And I know that could and probably will change against United but weā€™ve had a few in and around it for a few games now and they seem to have managed it really well.

3 Likes

Weā€™re too confident

I donā€™t like this. Iā€™ve not been like this ever.

Well, like when I was 8 years old maybe.

Iā€™m scared.

The Emirates will erupt on Sunday. We are doing this lot and tying the first half of the season up with a 50 point haul. Thatā€™s 100 point pace @Aussiegooner

That will put us 11 ahead and a game in hand on them. Before the spurs game the talk was if results go their way they could walk away from the Emirates level. Pfftt.

13 Likes

Even if we do get a suspension, theyā€™ll only miss Everton :slight_smile:

1 Like

Casemiro miss helps a lotā€¦ i still kind of think we get the draw, but 3 points would be massive.

I donā€™t see the issue to be honest :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching Casemiro for a decade. He made that challenge on purpose.
Either he genuinely wanted a yellow or he lost his head. Ridiculous tackle.

1 Like

Have to fancy Odegaard against McFred in this vein of form. Big boost.

3 Likes

Was thinking about it recently and Iā€™ve gotten so used to being naturally reserved about Arsenal even in times of good form, because you always knew the cock up was round the corner. No matter how good the run was, it was like ā€˜when are we gonna fuck it all up?ā€™ or ā€˜when will we get the season derailing injury?ā€™.

Weā€™ve really got to shake that mentality and I know itā€™s hard in such a short space of time - weā€™ve won nothing yet and may not even do so this season - but itā€™s time now to start feeling confident about our club again and going into games thinking weā€™re going to win, especially when weā€™re clearly the better team.

Flip the switch mate, even if we lose on Sunday, better to go in expecting to fuck these mancs up. Weā€™ve recovered a lot better from bad results this season than ever before.

4 Likes

MASSIVE that United are missing Casimero and also dropped points late tonight to stifle the momentum they hadā€¦

If we beat them Sunday itā€™s 11 points and a game in hand and we can shut this ā€œ United are in the title race ā€œ once and for allā€¦

5 Likes

I canā€™t say i have been watching him that heavily, but that did look suss to meā€¦it is almost as if maybe he is feeling it a bit as he is getting tired and he just knew he will be given the run around at our gaff. To me that looked to me that he was like ā€˜nah i am just not into the next match.ā€™ There was absolutely no reason for a player with the nous he has to do that so blatantly he was actively wanting that card. Casemiro is no fool that wasnā€™t a desperate situation that he was ā€˜needing to do that so i took one for the teamā€™

Yep. A simple push there probably gets him a few words from the ref and thatā€™s it.

Instead, he fucking scissored him. I reckon it would have been VARed for a red if Zaha sold it more.

You really believe that. A player who has played in the biggest games in club and international football is that worried about coming the Emirates. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

that was as blatant as you could be giving the ref no choice when he could have got the ball without the scissor movement and the defenders were in front having him covered dont ask me why he did it but it was definitely deliberate.

Yeah, it definitely was. Either he just stupidly wanted to get it out of his system or he just wanted to fuck up Zaha. Could be combination of both.
I think it was either his first or second foul all game.

Thats fine but itā€™s not because he is worried about facing us on Sunday.

Tbh, I think most of people said it jokingly. There are certainly players who do it but itā€™s unlikely Casemiro would think that way.

Nah heā€™s scared of Odegaard lad